Real talk! (About this Tuna Salad)

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/16 1:06 am
VSG on 12/17/15

Umm first of all that container is adorable and I'm super jealous! Secondly 17 lbs is where I was at almost a month out so congratulations! And I liked fat free refried beans with a bit of  shredded cheese melted on top and if you like it sour cream and salsa as well, but it depends on your nutritional plan and how many carbs you're allowed a day. If you decide to get beans though Trader Joe's has the best fat free refried beans they are similar to the kind you get at a Mexican restaurant. Also I love canned salmon (I get it at Costco) with avocado instead of  mayo because I don't eat mayo (long story that has nothing to do with surgery lol), also squash baked and mashed with butter, salt, pepper or mashed cauliflower is good, sugar free pudding. But you'll have to do lots of protein shakes to hit your goal during this time because it's hard to get your protein (IMHO) during puree'. 

ChemistryQueen
on 1/27/16 10:51 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Thanks! ^_^ 

I got a set of two from the dollar tree, so if you've got one near you I say check it out. They had like 3 different animals and I'm kicking myself that I didn't get them all!

I heard about Trader Joe's beans, but keep forgetting to look everytime I go. Thanks for the reminder! I was never a bean person before surgery, but with cheese and sour cream, I'm not sure it could be bad haha.

And yes, I'm tired of the shakes but I'm still chugging them down to even get close to protein goals. I'm at about 70g a day now, so I'm super close!

Highest Weight: 385 (09/2014)

Surgery Weight: 331 (1/2016)

Current Weight: 157.4 (7/2017)

-VSG with Dr. Erik Dutson at UCLA on 1/11/2016-

-Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) and Abdominplasty (Tummy Tuck) with Dr. Jason Roostaeian at UCLA on 8/23/2017

Want to WATCH me on my journey? Check out my youtube channel HERE!!

JudithJohnson
on 1/27/16 5:06 am
VSG on 12/03/15

You're not alone, my food is in brand new spongebob and cute baby gerber containers :)

I love Tuna salad as well and Costco has this delicious norwegian smoked salmon I am quite hooked on! Also Publix has low fat cottage cheese with pineapple, one of my faves!

The abdominal pain will go away. I had stabbing pains for the first few weeks, like someone was poking needles in me, but now, at almost 8 weeks out those are completely gone. Your body is healing, that's all it is.

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

ChemistryQueen
on 1/27/16 10:53 am
VSG on 01/11/16

YES! I love spongebob!! 

Wow everyone has such delicious ideas from Costco. I have to get my friend to take me again soon. (It's close, but no car, so I don't get to go very often!)

I miss Publix. I lived in Florida for a bit and I have to say it was definitely the best grocery store I've ever shopped at. 

Thanks for the reassurance about the pain. Sometimes I'm worried I've busted a leak! Lol! Glad to hear it goes away.

Highest Weight: 385 (09/2014)

Surgery Weight: 331 (1/2016)

Current Weight: 157.4 (7/2017)

-VSG with Dr. Erik Dutson at UCLA on 1/11/2016-

-Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) and Abdominplasty (Tummy Tuck) with Dr. Jason Roostaeian at UCLA on 8/23/2017

Want to WATCH me on my journey? Check out my youtube channel HERE!!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 1/27/16 6:19 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Baked ricotta.  I was grateful for something warm, salty and delicious after heaps of protein shakes.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active