HELP! I feel very strange.

0jrsmith4
on 1/26/16 8:32 am
VSG on 01/21/16

I am about 6 days post op, and I feel kind of dizzy, kind of nauseous, kind of weak, and kind of tired. How long does this last? How long after your Gastric Sleeve do you start to feel normal again? I figure it just because I need protein, water, and vitimins. I just want to know how long I should expect feeling so bad. THANK YU. 

acbbrown
on 1/26/16 8:38 am - Granada Hills, CA

Sounds like classic dehydration. I ended up in the ER for it and got fluids and felt instantly better. Just sip all day. Like...every minute or two take a sip to get at least 64 oz in. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jen031114
on 1/26/16 8:42 am

Ugh, I remember feeling horrible too!  Yes, definitely keep sipping water all day long.  Try Propel, if the plain water tastes icky (it did for me).  Lots of rest too... your poor body just went through major surgery less than a week ago, and it's going to take a lot of time to heal and to adjust.  You WILL feel good again, I promise.  Just takes time.  Keep up with the water!  And try some protein!  It just takes a lot of trial and error to see what your body can handle in the beginning.  Keep pushing through!  It gets so much better, I promise!  

GoBlueGirl1998
on 1/26/16 9:18 am - MI

Make sure you're getting in all your water and protein. This is going to help you feel normal and back to yourself. Those goals are very important.

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

newmeontheoutside
on 1/26/16 9:21 am
VSG on 09/08/15

I remember feeling really good right after the surgery and then a few days later I felt really icky. I ended up with an infection which was later resolved and I felt much, much better. Just keep making sure you don't have a fever and if you do, call your doctor.

Debsterino
on 1/26/16 4:46 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I am two weeks post op and I also felt really good after surgery, but the next week it hit me hard.  I experienced dizzy spells, weakness, and a slight infection in two cuts.  I rested for a week and drank, drank drank.  Gatorade zero helped.  I also had low blood pressure so I have been drinking a tsp of salt in water.  Today is day 14 and I'm just starting to feel "normal".  Although still get tired easily.  I hope this helps.  I think it will all be worth it.  :)

psychoticparrot
on 1/27/16 7:34 pm

If you were taking blood pressure meds pre-op, go to your doctor and get your BP checked. My BP dropped so fast after surgery that I nearly fainted every time I stood up.

I've written this many times before, but I'll say it again. You just had major surgery! Full anesthesia, extensive interior work done, almost 2 days in the hospital, most of it lying in bed. It's only a few lucky souls who can have all that done and feel okay in a week. Most of the time it takes much longer. Please give yourself a break -- if you're tired, rest. If you're weak, don't push yourself too hard. If you're nauseous, it's probably because you just had major surgery on your stomach. The dizziness may just be a lingering aftereffect of the anesthesia, or it may be your blood pressure. Either way, get it checked out.

The first week post-op is usually the worst. As long as you keep yourself well-hydrated, you will improve steadily over the next few weeks. Protein shakes should be started as soon as possible, bu****er comes first. Your symptoms are not a result of lack of nutrition -- your body fat is feeding you now. You're feeling awful because you just had ... well, you know by now!

Be kind to yourself. Hydrate, rest, but keep taking short, frequent walks, too. This is all going to take some time.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active