Miserable

JudithJohnson
on 1/18/16 4:13 am
VSG on 12/03/15

You are doing great, hang in there! Having a temp is not unusual but definitely keep your doctor posted! Make sure you stay hydrated and drink as much water as you currently can handle. Especially if you have a fever it's essential you stay hydrated. Yes it will get better, sleep, drink, walk, and sleep some more. In my case I ate a lot of ice chips which was easier for me then drinking water.You will feel better very soon!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

kyzze
on 1/18/16 5:33 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

You will feel better soon, promise. I ran a fever at the hospital after my surgery also and they told me to do the same thing and it did help. They gave me an explanation as to why I developed fever but I don't remember it all cause I was kind of out of it, something about not being able to move around and developing fluid but bottom line, use the breathing thing it does help.

cappy11448
on 1/18/16 5:58 am

when I had my plastic surgery, I had a slight fever the day after, and the doctor said to use that breathing gadget.  I did and it went away.  Apparently, it is pretty common after surgery, if you don't breathe deeply to clear out the lungs.

I hope you feel better soon.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

csettle7
on 1/18/16 6:16 am
VSG on 01/14/16

I'm so sorry that you feel so miserable. The breathing gadget (incentive spirometer) is very important after surgery, especially this one because the last thing you want to do is take a deep breathe which may lead to a cough. So it forces you to. Its really important to keep those lungs clear. Keep your Dr. in the loop about your temp. Lots of rest, lots of sipping, and walk every hour or 2. Your pain medicine is your friend. Thoughts and prayers to you!

gwen41502
on 1/18/16 7:54 am

USE the spirometer thingy i cant spell it but you know what i mean i developed a blood clot in my lung after surgery it was awful i had to be admitted and and still on blood thinners 6 months later....i was on the shots too but still got a clot so monitor yourself and pay attention use that thing its important...i felt like crap thought i was dying for days right after the surgery but then did fine until 10 days post op then when he removed my stomach drain i got really sick and had to go in hospital for the clot so take care of yourselves fevers are serious

timeforthis
on 1/18/16 9:07 am

It gets better!  I had surgery one week ago exactly.  I was pretty miserable the first few days, but am feeling much, much better today.  There was a slight improvement every day.  Yesterday I was able to meet all my goals for fluid, protein, & vitamins that were laid out by my doctor's office.  I felt flushed & feverish the first few days, but I didn't have a fever.  Keep checking the fever & stay in touch with your doctor!  It absolutely gets better!

hollykim
on 1/18/16 9:39 am, edited 1/18/16 1:42 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 18, 2016 at 2:55 AM Pacific Time, Mamba wrote:

Had surgery friday, just got home today. I am miserable. Please tell me it gets better. I'm running a temp my Dr.said to use my breathing gadget and recheck it in a couple of hours. 

use that inspirometer every 15 min and make yourself breathe really deeply. Pneumonia is a real issue if you don't breathe deeply and make yourself cough,even if it hurts. Pneumonia is gonna hurt a lot more,trust me.

Most Active