NSV: "I believe I can fly"

psychoticparrot
on 1/6/16 10:18 am

My 7-year-old grandson hasn't really noticed how much weight I've lost, but he has noticed, with approval, the now-loose skin under my upper arms. He likes my "batwings" because, in his words, "They're soft."

When I was with him at Christmas, I worked up a little act just for his amusement. When no one else was around except him, I lifted my arms, made my batwings flap and sang the chorus from "I believe I can fly":

"I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar ... "

I never got further than that because we both busted up laughing.

psychoticparrot (I even have wings now!) 

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

suzyq584
on 1/6/16 10:31 am

Hilarious!!!  

You have such a great attitude about your ever-changing body, I just love it!  

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Spencerella
on 1/6/16 11:34 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Psychoparrot has wings now - cool 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/16 12:53 pm

One of my fondest memories is of my Granny's batwings. She and my grandfather lived in a hot summer climate and her batwings were always so cool and soft. I loved putting my cheek on her arms! That is truly one of my fondest memories of my Granny. Then she'd take her arm and wrap it around me, stroke my hair talk with her Ducky (me). I used to be so thankful that my Granny was cuddly (she was plump, not obese) and not like a skinny grandmother whose lap was not inviting or large enough to sit in! 

Thanks for bringing back such wonderful memories! I bet your grandson will remember your batwings with love forever, too! 

psychoticparrot
on 1/6/16 3:20 pm

My MIL was obese, but when my son was little, he loved being hugged by his "fluffy" grandma. Excess fat isn't good for much except for little children who love being cuddled by their soft, fluffy grandparents. 

psychoticparrot

Most Active