Happy Three Months!! (with picture)

paflyersgal
on 1/6/16 11:58 am
VSG on 10/06/15

Thanks so much my surgery buddy!! You are doing wonderful too! Congrats on your loss as well! I can't wait to see what the next few months bring! I look forward to sharing this journey with you! Best of wishes always! 

Karen

LA5767
on 1/6/16 10:34 am

First and foremost, congratulations to you and all your success thus far!!

I want to jump right in and just say, we all have parents, mothers and fathers, from a different generation, who, sadly, don't always think or feel the same as we "children" think or feel.  With that being said, I am sure, that your mother didn't mean to purposefully hurt you or try and diminish your successes.  I do understand that is what happened, but Our parents, for as "out of the modern age" as they may be don't truly walk around thinking of ways to diminish us or hurt us as strong, free, independent hard working, educated people.

I wish you bunches of successes yet to come, cant wait to read all about it and see your transformation and learn from you!!!!

Blessing my Friend

Lynne

paflyersgal
on 1/6/16 12:37 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

Thanks so much! Best wishes to you always! 

I want to think she didn't mean to hurt my feelings, but it wasn't a one time comment. She's made other comments, sometimes she tries to say them real low as though I wasn't supposed to hear, but I do hear. I just have decided to ignore them from now on. 

Karen

White Dove
on 1/6/16 12:17 pm - Warren, OH

I took the opposite approach with people.  I said that I had surgery and took the easy way out because the hard way did not work for me.  I would tell them that the weight would all come back if I did not stick to a diet and exercise program for the rest of my life.

I realize that at least 99% of the people in the world are convinced that surgery is the easy way out.  I did not bother to educate them.  Let them live in their ignorance or educate themselves.

Of course those people are still watching what I eat and waiting for me to fall off of my diet and gain all the weight back again.  It keeps me on track knowing they are waiting for me to fail.

People will be jealous of you.  Just smile and let it be their problem.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 1/6/16 12:21 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Congratulations!  Keep up the great work 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/16 1:48 am
VSG on 12/17/15

First and foremost congratulations! You have worked hard for every ounce of the weight you lost so you should be proud of yourself. You were beautiful before but you look so happy in your after picture. Don't let your mom, sister, or anyone bring you down. I want to think for your sake your mom wasn't trying to be hurtful, but from reading the thread and your responses maybe she was. My mom told many people about my surgery before I asked her to stop and that it was my business who I wanted to tell because she was telling random people I don't even know and it was really irritated me. Please keep us posted with your journey as it is inspiring. Be careful with those jello shots though, you want to have fun but not get too crazy. 

Most Active