Eight weeks post-op and counting....

Angel1974
on 1/14/16 8:25 am
VSG on 06/04/12

Although I am happy about your weight lost, i have to disagree with your way of "treating" yourself.  As someone that is three years out, food rewards are never, ever a good idea SPECIALLY at only 8 weeks out. 

Rewards with food could be a slippy road to going back to bad habits. For me, my weight lost rewards are in the line of buying myself something pretty. getting the full day spa treatment. Food rewards are a bad idea.

Reconsider your approach for rewards.

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

MerryMisty
on 1/14/16 8:47 am
RNY on 02/01/16

Congratulations.. That is a tremendous loss

in a short period of time. I am scheduled for surgery and i have lots of questions but i dont know how to post.

can anyone give me some instructions on this.

MerryMisty

ubserved
on 1/15/16 11:24 am

You will see a blue button that says "New Topic" click on that and then start typing your questions.

kyzze
on 1/16/16 10:14 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

I hope you enjoyed the heck out of that club sandwich! Whatever works for you is great! 

ubserved
on 1/17/16 12:57 am

It was a good diversion from my normal intake. Who knows, maybe in month or two, I might have another. Oh, off topic of the club, another pound lost this morning. 8)

ezdrodowski
on 1/17/16 12:42 pm
VSG on 12/16/15

So one of my major downfalls pre surgery was subs and sandwiches; therefore, for me, I know having one would be a bad idea. That is one of the things I crave on probably a daily basis and have to fight against eating. Part of the reason I have been able to fight it so far is that I'm only a month out, so it would probably make me sick! But I know, as time goes on, it will get easier to eat a larger variety of foods. I know I cannot "treat" myself with anything like a sub or sandwich, because it would start a downward spiral for me. It depends on your triggers, I guess. But I would suggest trying to replace the bread with lettuce or maybe a low carb wrap (I haven't tried wraps yet bc I'm afraid I can't tolerate them this soon). 

ubserved
on 1/17/16 3:05 pm

Sandwiches weren't a vice for me pre-surgery, I might have gotten a sandwich from a deli once or twice a month. I have hereby removed the word 'treat' from the known vocabulary, that word creates too much trouble here lol.

Most Active
Recent Topics