Terrified

ceecart
on 1/3/16 10:28 pm
VSG on 06/23/15

I felt exactly the same as you the entire week before my surgery.  You've got this.  Congratulations!  You're beginning the best adventure of your life!  Thinking good thoughts for you

ubserved
on 1/3/16 10:40 pm

I felt the same way, I was ready to jump off the gurney and grab my clothes and run right up until they rolled me into the OR. I am glad I stuck with it. I am almost 7 weeks post op and 83 pounds lost since I started the pre-op diet. Trust me, you will get through the anxiety and initial post surgery misery that everyone went through. Good luck.

yesican2
on 1/4/16 12:00 pm

Your anxiety is totally normal...in fact, I would worry about a person who claims they're not scared.

I concur with those who tell you that the care team will make you feel comfortable.  Ask for something to help you with the anxiety.  By the time they bring you into the OR, you won't care about a thing.

My surgery got done in the late afternoon and that night was tough, I won't lie.  I had a lot of acid (had a hernia repair done too) and woke up around 2am feeling so nauseous.  I had to break apart my pills for the first couple days. I was afraid to drink more than an ounce at a time.  I stayed overnight in the hospital one night and was released the next afternoon.  I felt good by the time I got home, I took the narcotics for maybe a day and a half.  The worst part was the gas pains--they got much better after day 4 or 5.  The Gas-X strips you put on your tongue helped.

6 days post op, I walked a mile and felt like I could keep going.

I am 4 weeks out today and have lost 25 pounds.  I am doing and feeling fantastic.

Keep us updated and let us know what you decided.

Most Active