Vomiting Post Op?

ThinnerRivers
on 12/21/15 10:56 pm - San Diego, CA

I tend to have this issue a lot.. At first no one said anything or said it was common for me to vomit a few times, because I was getting used to eating solid foods after my mushy food week.. That passed, but sometimes, now that it's been almost 4 months, I still get some vomiting phases. It's pretty difficult, but sometimes there are days that solid food just doesn't settle lightly in my stomach and I feel sick or feel like it's at my throat. I don't necessarily need to consume a lot, I understand that one, but sometimes it's just not reasonable.. For example, soft foods like mashed potatoes or beans, feel so heavy, but chicken and sometimes some meat, feels lighter or doesn't make me feel sick at all.. Anyone know why?

Just a teenager who's finally enjoying the skinny feels <3 Thanks to my sleeve done by Dr. Wilhelmy.

roxytrim
on 12/22/15 5:23 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Hey ThinnerRivers, it seems to me that you would greatly benefit from some VSG nutritional support.  Maybe your mom could contact a local bariatric center where she could arrange for a couple of one on one sessions with a NUT (nice holiday gift right). 

I'm sure you would like to enjoy healthy long tern success - you wouldn't want to be back where you started in a couple of years, which can easily happen.

This forum is a terrifc place to get help tweeking nutritional information, but it is even better to work with a professional for a bit so your personal nutritional needs can be fit into a program that works for your physical development and lifestyle.

ThinnerRivers
on 12/22/15 10:12 pm - San Diego, CA

You're right, I'll tell my mother to help me out seek a professional.., thank you so much!

Just a teenager who's finally enjoying the skinny feels <3 Thanks to my sleeve done by Dr. Wilhelmy.

Tiki3211
on 12/28/15 9:23 am

I am 3 months out of surgery and have had the same issues. I have only vomitted twice but as far as how certain foods rest in my stomach I am confused.  One time chicken lays well and another it doesn't...maybe it's the way it's prepared.  But, some on hear have told me that it could be how quickly I eat...so I have slowed down even more..it helps.  I would seek some NUT advise too.  Good luck.

ThinnerRivers
on 12/30/15 10:03 pm - San Diego, CA

Thank you..! I started eating slowly and it's true, it did help me. I've always been a sort of fast eater, so I guess adjusting to eating less and slower was something I had to get accustomed to.

Most Active