Cost of band to sleeve

sheriberi29
on 1/2/16 4:48 pm - Cleveland, TN

does anyone know the cost of revision from band to sleeve ? I've seen that I can go to Mexico for 3,900 but that seems scary to me 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/2/16 5:34 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I'm not sure of the cost, I think there's a surgical forum as well as a Mexican one. There are plenty of people who go to Mexico for the surgery. Do your research, there are some reputable ones out there. You can try using the search button also in the top right hand corner.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/16 5:50 pm

I had my initial surgery in Mexico and was extremely pleased with the care I got. Comparable to if not better than I would have got here in the US. If you are self pay don't dismiss Mexico without first researching that option. Think my surgeon charges around $5,000 for a revision. Had I got my surgery here I would have spent years paying for it.

sheriberi29
on 1/2/16 6:14 pm - Cleveland, TN

Thank you for letting me know . 

L. 68
on 1/4/16 12:14 pm

Are you going to Mexico because you dont have insurance here in the states or doe insurance NOT pay for revision from band to sleeve.

I have my first consult for revision next monday.

Good luck wherever you go.

sheriberi29
on 1/4/16 12:52 pm - Cleveland, TN

I have insurance that will pay but my dr is saying that it's going to be quite the battle to get approved for it. I'm just trying to plan any other options so I'm not let down if they won't pay. I've gaine 45% of my weight back , which in the opinion of insurance still means I'm a success case

L. 68
on 1/4/16 12:56 pm

Oh OK  why r u revising to the sleeve from the band??    I want to because my band doesn't work for me anymore due to bad Gerd reflux ect and I can't fill so it's useless and I'm gaining back 

sheriberi29
on 1/4/16 6:32 am - Cleveland, TN

I can eat like a great big man and still want more. If I get even a tiny fill I can't lay down at night without aspirating and can't even keep down a Popsicle. I have a lot of port pain and left shoulder pain while eating . I've gained 40 lbs back now 

michele1
on 1/5/16 3:56 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

I had a revision from band to sleeve in one surgery. Insurance approved the band removal but not the sleeve. I paid the surgeons fee for the sleeve 6400.00.....the hospital initially made me pay the room charge but reimbersed me guesss they figured they couldn't get paid twice since I only occupied one bed lol!! Had to take out a loan but well worth it for me....I've lost the 40 pounds I had gained back and plan on losing another 10-15 although I have been stuck for two months!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

sheriberi29
on 1/5/16 4:02 pm - Cleveland, TN

Thank you so much for your reply. Did the insurance say the reason they would deny your sleeve? 

Most Active