Home from surgery.. no more gallbladder, no more hernia, and barely missed having to be...

ipray
on 12/24/15 10:49 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you for sharing your story. I have been worring about Gallbladder problems and your experience let me know what types of problems to look out for.  Take good care of yourself and have a Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year!

twiddleDee
on 12/25/15 10:29 am

so happy to read all is done and you are doing well.  Long road and you made it thru-yay!

Merry Christmas! Dee

Tracy D.
on 12/28/15 11:50 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Happy - glad to hear the report on your surgery!  Sounds like it went as good as could be expected.  I hope the acid issues resolve itself with time.  I have a good friend who was recently revised to RNY after VSG - not fun! 

Take good care of yourself and get well soon 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

diane S.
on 12/29/15 11:19 am

good news that you made it through this  safely. My hubby had a similar issue and had a second surgery to repair hiatal hernia that didn't show up in initial veg testing.  Dr. said he was seeing more of this and his theory is that excess fat holds everything together at the time of vsg so hiatal hernia is not revealed until later.  His upper sleeve had stretched and was tightened. but he had no gallstones.  Anyway, the second surgery did the trick and he is fine. before he had so much gerd and even barfing lots.   Bet you will now be fine too.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active