Pain almost worse than childbirth!

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/15 10:14 pm

Hi - so sorry you went through that. I know exactly what you experienced. It sucks! 

I'd like to add to Emelar's excellent response: pencil eraser sized bites right now. Chew until it is liquid, too. Eat slowly - more slowly than you think you need to. Soft meats also means moist meats. I would recommend staying away from ground beef for now, too. Not an easy meat to handle early out. 

Best of luck to you! 

WereYorkie
on 12/17/15 12:45 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

Angela, 

Did you have a Sleeve or a RNY??  If you had the RNY, it may be that they used a sugar/honey glaze on the salmon and you are reacting to that. A friend of mine did that and ended up on the floor once. She learned to ask about that type of stuff rrrreal quick! 

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

chynadoll67
on 12/17/15 1:40 pm

Hello Everyone!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to my post. One thing I have found since I been following this forum is that there is a lot of great advice out there if you just ask.

I am taking the advice of using a toddler spoon (or pencil eraser size bites). And I'm learning to chew for 20 seconds or more (new behavior takes a while to get used to). I see my surgeon next week and will mention to him the incident, although I believe you all hit the nail on the head.

Scrambled eggs seem to agree with me for the most part, although, I can only eat about half of one before getting full/nauseaous. I have not tried any more meat since the salmon yesterday and frankly, I'm afraid as I NEVER want to feel that pain again. I will take all of your advice and take it slow! For now it's eggs and soups for a few more days before I try something else.

Again....Thank you!!

Angela

Luvmygs
on 12/17/15 1:52 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

Everyone is different, but it took me 3 months to be able to eat meat and chicken without any pain. I was able to eat salmon and talapia, but very little bites at a time. Your stomach just told you NO salmon for now. Try again later.

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/15 4:53 pm

May be an esophogeal spasm. They can be intense.

Most Active