Hello everyone! I'm new here and very scared! I have lots of questions, so please HELP!!

happyteacher
on 12/4/15 7:19 am

Do NOT cancel! Your health will be dramatically improved in just 6 months post surgury. Even 3 months post op you will feel and move significantly better! I had surgury 4 years ago. Made it to goal in 8 months with a little over 150 pounds lost. I am still at goal. My blood work in the first few years continued to show low iron and vitiman D, but that was also an issue for me prior to surgury. Surgury helped my blood work considerably as it cleared up my diabetic status and many of the other areas that were deficient improved post op due to the attention I now paid to nutrition. Earlier this year I finally found a vitamin patch that pulled up my iron and d, so now my bloodwork is perfect. No problems at all with that, and I am very prone to forgetting my vitamins and such. In other words, if it was going to be an issue it would be with me due to fogretting them all the time! 

Yes, I have been able to keep up the healthy lifestyle. I do not exercise like I did in the weight loss phase, primarily due to other health issues that make that difficult (all unrelated to wls). Absoutely no regrets- the improvement in the quality of life for me was positively dramatic and outstanding. I feel better not only physically but emotionally as well. I cannot recommend the surgery enough!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Lele_2016
on 12/4/15 8:58 am

Thank you so much for your comment, HappyTeacher! I really appreciate it. I suffer from anemia and deficiency in vitamin D as well. Can you please tell me what  vitamins did you find that helped you so much with that?

happyteacher
on 12/5/15 6:34 pm

You can find them at patchmd.com and I use this one.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Wanda1118
on 12/5/15 6:18 am
VSG on 07/09/14

Good Morning Happyteacher...I have seen where you talk about a vitamin patch..is this by script or where do you get it...I am also horrible at getting my vitamins down...Thanks for the info! Have a wonderful day!

happyteacher
on 12/5/15 6:36 pm

Not a script- I get it here. There is a promo code where you can get 40% off- google it and it should come up or perhaps someone here knows it. It is something like pmd40.

psychoticparrot
on 12/4/15 11:51 am

As someone who previously couldn't lose even 20 pounds to save her life, I can say that this surgery works, but only if you're willing to work with it. It still requires effort on your part, but not the strenuous and usually futile effort it takes now.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Debbie R.
on 12/5/15 1:33 pm - Las Cruces, NM

I am 5 weeks out of surgery. My recovery has been remarkable, nothing like I thought it was going to be. I think everyone is scared but only YOU know when the time is right. So far I haven't read a post that says someone regrets it. I was on liquids a week before and 2 weeks after, i've been on mushies for almost 3 weeks and I have already lost 33 pounds. That is 33 pounds I would have ever lost on my own. Good Luck, We Are Here For You!!

Keith L.
on 12/8/15 11:29 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

There is nothing new about this surgery. I had mine done over 3 years ago. Its an amazing process. I will be happy to answer any question you might have, although it has been a while for me. I can give you my thoughts on pre-op, post-op and the right way to get it all off after the surgery. Getting scared is natural...my simple advice, is don't. Just do it, you will not regret it.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

stacy T.
on 12/9/15 12:59 am - San Francisco, CA

The best cure I know for fear is education. Get busy and make yourself a knowledgeable consumer by studying everything you can get your hands on. Once you understand correctly the subject you will no longer be afraid.

You may decide that the surgery isn't right for you but that won't be because you are afraid. It will be because you understand the benefits and costs of the procedure and can judge what is best for you.

You should look at all the main versions. Not just the VSG. You wouldn't buy a car without considering all the options would you?

Good luck!

Lele_2016
on 12/9/15 2:17 pm

Thank you Stacy! you are right, I need to research a little more so that I can feel more confident.

Most Active