Almost 6 wk. post-op update and Weight-Loss Stall

msecanales
on 12/4/15 7:35 pm

I posted about this yesterday. The same foods that I had been eating such as cottage cheese, thin sandwich meat- foods on my soft food diet list, no longer hold me up. I get hungry every 2 hours. Someone told me to eat more dense foods.. "real food". I have had issues with egg though. Every time I eat it in scrambled form, I get sick.  I can eat it in egg drop soup with no problem. If you want, look up my post. It's called "food confusion".. I posted it yesterday. Maybe that will be helpful. It's good to see that we are going through the same thing though because that means this is "normal". I have also not lost anything for about a week and half now.. It's ok thought. I know that eventually it HAS to come off. 

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

Tired_of_Weighting
on 12/7/15 7:37 pm

Thanks for your post!  I'm fixing to look at your page and find your post.  :)

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/15 1:06 am

I find that eating the same thing every day works for me. I'm a little over 4 weeks post-op and I drink a protein shake for breakfast, usually soup for lunch and a sausage link for dinner. For dessert I have 2-3 bites of cottage cheese. There are times when I want more, but this regimen has worked well for me over the last 10 days. My weight loss has slowed from the first two weeks for sure. I eat less than 600 calories a day, so I totally don't get that but I am really trying to embrace the .5 lb per day loss I am maintaining. Eating the same things over and over doesn't other me, as I am fully committed to taking advantage of my first 6 months post surgery (my doc said this is the golden period where the weight is lost the fastest). So I tell myself every day that there will be a day to enjoy other foods. 

Also, I tell myself daily (sometimes hourly): EAT TO LIVE, DON'T LIVE TO EAT. 

Best of luck!

msecanales
on 12/5/15 3:03 pm

I was able to do that as well.. but I am 2 days away from 6 weeks and that isn't enough anymore. I find myself hungry just about every 2 hrs when I eat the way you just posted. I am having to discover a new way of eating.

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

Most Active