Stomach bloating

Queen_Q89
on 11/17/15 6:15 am - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

So.. Come tomorrow i'll be 9 months post op. I've lost about 75 pounds so far. I have to be honest. My sugar cravings are getting out of control. Lately a lot if people have been asking me "when are you due?", " Is it a boy or girl?", and my favorite "Omg, I didnt know you were pregnant!". I walked pass my mirror after being asked that question for the third time and realized that My stomach does appear as if im pregnant! Either my clothes are to small (really they're not), or im bloated. My bm's are not normal. I usually have to take a laxative of some sort to go, and every now and then my entire stomach gets sore, because I havnt gone in so long. I was recently put on iron because I am now anemic, and b12 as well. My abdomen is not hard I do not feel any pain other thanwhen my stomach is sore. I cannot keep down protein shakes, but I am good when it comes to eating, and fluid intake. I'm going to make an appointment with my primary doctor, but I would like to know if anyone else has gone through this! Is this just another phase of wls recovery? Should I be concerned? What do you guys think this could be?? Any tips??

Amy M.
on 11/17/15 5:56 pm - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I also get some pretty bad bloating once in a while.  I usually find that it's due to not drinking enough water and, like you, irregular BM's.  Instead of waiting until you are backed up to take a laxative it may be a good idea to make something like Miralax or milk of magnesia part of your daily routine until you get back to a normal BM cycle.  Also, I know you said you are good about getting in your fluids but how much are you actually taking in? For me, taking in at least 100 oz of water and mixing in some milk of magnesia into my morning protein shake has really helped.  Congrats on your progress so far!  I hope things get better.

Most Active