I need some advice

TerriLMac
on 11/16/15 12:19 pm

Same thing happened to me, but not for so long.  I was 10 days out from surgery and still hadn't gone.  My surgeon's physician assistant didn't want that to go on any longer, so she said to do an enema that day.  I cringed at the thought, even though I've never had one.  I gave it one more day and still nothing.  I didn't want to jeopardize my recovery, so I went to the drug store and bought one of the ready-to-use enemas for like $2.99, dreading it the entire time.  That evening, I followed the directions and believe it or not, it worked in less than a minute.  I haven't had to do another since that one time and now I just use Colace every day.  I think the surgery and everything you go through just temporarily backs you up.  Now everything is working fine.  I'm VERY glad I followed doctor's orders.  It was easy and not terrible like I thought it was going to be.  Good luck!

Terri

White Dove
on 11/16/15 6:31 pm - Warren, OH

Welcome to life after weight loss surgery.  I have ExLax, fiber capsules, suppositories, enemas, stool softeners as well as Immodium for the opposite problem.  Do what you need to do to keep regular as possible.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

suzyq584
on 11/17/15 7:32 am

If I HAD to list one regret from surgery it would be the bathroom issues.  I just dealt with this again yesterday when I was in so much pain I had to leave work.  After using the old rubber glove treatment and then a liquid glycerin suppository, I found some relief.

I do take Miralax daily and have tried Colace however; this time (and 1 other time) neither offered relief.  It is really miserable and sometimes I don't think I'll make it through it.  I even unlock the front door and take my cell phone into the bathroom with me in case I have to call 911!!  (A bit dramatic perhaps but better safe than sorry!)

After yesterday's event, I'm not going to let myself go more than 3 days without going.  On the 3rd day I will use the suppository again. 

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

steelergal
on 11/19/15 3:00 am

thanks everyone for your advice and i did see my doctor yesturday and he gave me some ideas so now im great got home and did what he said and right away i WENT I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER STOP...LOL.......BUT MAN DO I FEEL GREAT NOW........THANKS.

Most Active