So grateful yet so frustrated.

Hkinzfnp
on 11/14/15 4:18 pm

Had my VSG done on 8/24 and I would do it again in a second, no regrets at all!  However, I am having an emotional and frustrating evening.  Hubby and kids heated up some French bread pizza for dinner with fruit, looked and smelled delicious.  I was frustrated that I had to go through the process of figuring out what I'd have, scanning all of it into MFP, etc.  Part of me really missed just being able to grab and eat when and what I want.

Adding to the frustration is my weight loss.  I have lost 38 lbs since surgery, which again I'm grateful for but I feel like it's on the low side to some people.  I'm getting my water and protein and carbs have been low.  I just think I lose more slowly than some others.

Im hoping this is just an emotional night as I adjust to my new life.  But in the meantime I'm feeling quite cranky.  Thanks for listening all!!

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

Daelcare
on 11/14/15 5:10 pm - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

You did an awesome thing going to the trouble to figure out what it would "cost" you to have that pizza!  That is huge that you wanted to do that!!  The more that you make good choices like that the more that you will see results on the scale....even if it seems like it's not moving as fast as you'd like it to!  It's moving...downward!  For the last 6 months I've lost only about 2 pounds a month (if that)...but I'm still the smallest I've been since high school.  Give it time and keep up your determination...you're doing great!!

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/15 6:24 pm

We all have those moments and those feelings. Some even give in to those feelings and then post they learnt from it and won't do it again for a host of varied reasons. Gets easier after a while as you know if you just grab and eat it won't work. Your approach to figuring out what you can eat is a good one and in time you will truly enjoy what you can eat though it isn't like before. This is all part of learning to live post surgery. I am still working on it as well as I only had my surgery a month before you.

Everyone loses differently and 38 lbs is a good amount since the middle/ end of Aug. It's not a race. Your tool is part of you forever. Reminds me of being pregnant..took time to get big and time for the tummy to shrink back.

Hang in there..

cappy11448
on 11/14/15 7:17 pm

First,  You resisted the pizza when your family was eating it. That is awesome.  You should feel proud of yourself!  Good work.  Second, 38 pounds at 10 weeks post op is about where I was, and I lost 225 pounds in 18 months!  So don't feel discouraged by that rate of weight loss.  It'll get you there, faster than you realize! 

I had a lot of emotions when I was in the rapid weight loss phase.  I think it is common.  There are a lot of hormones stored in the body fat that are released as we lose weight.  Try to keep the big picture in sight.  You are doing great.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Hkinzfnp
on 11/15/15 3:43 am

Thanks to all of you for the kind words and encouragement!  It's hard to "complain" to my husband and family about things like this because they know how much I wanted the surgery for so long.  But that doesn't mean that it's easy.  It can be a total emotional roller coaster.  But I have committed to the ride and will stay on it even when it's challenging!!

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

twiddleDee
on 11/15/15 5:34 am

wow- that is how I feel with my family also.  I have some "nay sayers' that say that also, but their comment is "  I told you not to do it"  eerrggg, I am slow at losing also, and to top it off, no one is noticing yet- 8wks out- 30lbs.   I think you are doing just fine, I figure a loss is better than a gain.  Keep up the hard work!  (your're  right -it isn't easy!) Dee

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/16 8:42 am

I went back to read some of your old posts.  

I too will be looking forward to surgery, without the "blessing" of my husband.  He dosnt think I need to have it, why can't I lose the weight without surgery?, why something so drastic? 

So I know once I go thru with it, it will be tough with no one to vent or talk to about my feelings other than the great people here!! 

You have come a long way, and I'm so proud of you and hope for the same great results for myself!!! 

Xo

Most Active