Look for a Surgeon Who Does Gastric Sleeve in North Jersey

bps1975
on 11/9/15 8:15 am

I'm looking for a surgeon who does gastric sleeve in North New jersey.  The requirements I have are

• Experienced doing the gastric sleeve
  • Accepts my Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Can speedily get me through the insurances red tape to surgery (I want to do this first quarter 2016

Any recommendations?

About my health:

• 39 years old
  • 254 lbs
  • 6 ft
  • BMI=35
  • Sleep apnea - I snore terribly
  • Shortness of breathe - I've always had this, even when i was young and not overweight.  Last year my doctor diagnosed me with a mild case of asthma that perhaps I have always had but never been diagnosed with
  • Mild erectile dysfunction
  • I don't have high cholesterol or high sugar or high blood pressure.  In many ways I am very healthy; I walk a few times a week and can do large amount of pushups and stuff. I don't can't seem to loose weight.

Thanks in advance for any help

JoeyJo
on 11/9/15 9:48 am - NJ

Not quite North Jersey, but definitely worth the drive to get it done right.  I highly recommend Dr. Binenbaum at Monmouth Medical Center.  http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-ste ven-j-binenbaum/reviews 

vrich
on 11/9/15 2:23 pm, edited 11/10/15 3:01 am

Hi, I am from North jersey and Im using Advanced Laparoscopic associates, Dr Admit Trivedi in Paramus NJ. (surgery in Hackensack hosp) My surgery is this Thursday but I can tell you they have been great so far. I have 4 friends that live by me and had VSG with 3 different surgeons. Dr Bell and Dr. Michael Nusbaum and mine Dr Trivedi. All 3 doctors are great I am told by my friends and all of them had great results!!! In my opinion you cant go wrong with any of the three.

As far as insurance goes you have to call them because each one works differently and require different things to qualify. Start going to the seminars they can answer a lot of questions for you.

Good luck I hope this helps you.

bps1975
on 12/2/15 8:40 am

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES

I have my first appointment with

Sterling Surgicare/Central Jersey Bariatrics

next week. We'll see how tha goes. if it doesnt go well, I may go with one of your recommendations
dcapurz
on 3/1/16 7:20 am - NJ
VSG on 02/23/16

Hi, not sure if you have already had your procedure but I typed in North Jersey and found this.

I just had my procedure 1 week ago today and I used North Jersey Laprascopic in Teaneck, NJ they also have a location in West New York, NJ

They have 3 doctors who preform all of the surgeries and they are fantastic. I do believe they take most insurances but you would have to call and find out exactly.

I know many people who have gotten it done from the sleeve to the lap band and have had great results. Good luck to you!! and I would love to hear back.

Thanks

Most Active