any advice on getting back on track?

ewehrwein
on 11/11/15 8:11 pm - Vernon, TX

I had surgery March  2014. I lost 75 pounds and I've  been stuck ever since. Like everyone  else life happened..got a new job, that takes up more of my time...I have posted and my hormones are out of wack, they never got on track even with the 75 lb weight loss..I just feel defeated.  Can yall give advice of how to reboot my sleeve,  break the carb cycle and cravings, any help and support would be greatly  appreciate.  Anyone else come across this problem, of hitting a plateau for a full 6 months? After month 6 I kinda just gave up. I wished I hadn't now. Please send advice! 

White Dove
on 11/11/15 8:54 pm - Warren, OH

Get a fitness tracker and track your exercise daily. 

Get My Fitness Pal and track your calories daily.

Get a good scale and track your weight daily.

It is great if you can break the carb cycle and the cravings, but the most important thing you need to do is reduce your calories.  Your sleeve has reached its mature size and there is nothing you can do to make it work like when it was smaller. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

aharris30
on 11/12/15 4:28 am
VSG on 05/13/14

I know exactly how you feel. In my experience i turned to carb foods because its quick and easy to go down. Working as a nurse im always on the go at my jobs and i don't ever get a 30min lunch break. Eating protein based meals took longer to chew and digest, and it really just sat on my stomach. Thats how i started my stall. I would rather pick up a carby soup and crackers and be on my way then to sit and chew my foods. Nonetheless its no ones falt but mine. Now that im stepping away from the carb cycle im getting back into the groove of things.carbs is something you just have to cut off now. No point on weaning yourself off, it only prolongs it. Pick today or tomorrow and start fresh, with no carbs. This will be the day you are officially back on track. Good luck.

Most Active