Not filling enough?

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/11/15 3:33 pm - MI

When was your surgery? I didn't even start to feel full until about a month post op. Make sure you weigh and measure everything so  you don't over do it.

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/15 4:53 pm
Chilipepper
on 11/11/15 5:18 pm

Did you take a preop class or listen to your surgeon. You have to follow the instructions provided to you FOR A REASON. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Wyldblu
on 11/11/15 5:24 pm
On November 12, 2015 at 1:18 AM Pacific Time, Chilipepper wrote:

Did you take a preop class or listen to your surgeon. You have to follow the instructions provided to you FOR A REASON. 

Yeah, of course I did. I know what I am supposed to do. And, LIKE I SAID, I will do soup tonight...one more "meal" of it. I already got stuff prepared for tomorrow.

Wyldblu

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/15 6:47 pm
samanthalc
on 11/11/15 6:04 pm
with

Good luck and stay strong.  I remember how tough this stage was.  I got through it by drinking hot soups.  I'd get some interesting canned ones and puree them, then add broth until they were really runny.  The medical staff suggested that, and it worked wonders.  I also added flavor free protein powders to lukewarm soup to get the nutrition.  I didn't love that, but I could choke it down far easier than sweet protein drinks.

michellemj
on 11/12/15 7:26 am

If you are having issues with your protein drinks, you may need to experiment with others. Our tastes often change (a lot!) and you'll need to find a few that you find palatable. It will be nearly impossible to get all of your necessary protein by food alone in these first few months and you'll need at least a shake a day.

Most Active