So, on to soft foods...

Wyldblu
on 11/12/15 6:42 pm

I have ALWAYS hated, with a passion, fish. My husband makes a fried fish that I don't mind as much...but yeah..I am not a fish eater. So, one of my doctor's recommendations for soft food, is fish.

Well, for the first time EVER, I bought some Alaskan Cod. I put it in a frying pan with a little water and some seasonings. I have to say, I am not hating this fish. No sauces, no butter, just some seasonings...and I am not hating it. 

Will wonders never cease.....

Wyldblu

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/15 7:48 pm

Glad its giving you some satisfaction. im curious how my tastes will change. I start my preop liquid diet tomorrow. Any tips for this noob?

Wyldblu
on 11/12/15 7:54 pm

Yeah...the first 4 days are a ***** You will feel like you are starving...but after that, your body adjusts, so just go with the flow. The first 2 weeks, pre op were not as hard for me as the 2 weeks after surgery. The last week in fact, which ended just yesterday, was REALLY so hard. 

Wyldblu

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/15 7:49 pm
Anne N.
on 11/13/15 8:34 am - Middle Island, NY

I had my surgery on 10/26 and I'm still on liquids.  I have my 3 week post-op appt. on 11/17 and then I will be moved to soft foods.  I CANNOT wait!

Wyldblu
on 11/13/15 8:43 am

OMG...2 more weeks on liquid after my surgery (10/29) was ALL I could have done. I mean, 2 days before I was supposed to, I cheated and had 1 scrambled egg. I was fine, but felt a little guilty...so did the last day on liquids, like a good little girl. But, 3 WEEKS? You are a better woman than I. Stick to it! 

Personally, I think that the 4 weeks I had to do on liquids, has forever put me off of protein drinks or soup. Even the idea of them makes me gag a little. I am going to go out today to see what other kinds of protein supplements, or even pills I can take to get in the recommended amount. 

People keep trying to tell me that I still need to drink the protein drinks for that. Well, it isn't happening. If I try...and I have...it is all I can do to not throw them up. I can't even get through several sips without feeling that lump come up in my throat....just gotta find another way.

Wyldblu

Anne N.
on 11/13/15 9:34 am - Middle Island, NY

Four weeks of a liquid diet has been been one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life!  I did one week before surgery and now three weeks after and I am SO over broth, diluted fruit juice and thinned low-fat soups.  I'm okay with the protein drinks because I have been drinking them for years, but I drink two a day right now and that is getting old too. I have flavored mine with different extracts (coconut, mint or lemon) and with PB Fit to change up the taste.

I already have dinner planned on Tuesday! LOL  I know I'll only be able to eat a few bites of mashed up chicken and carrots, but I will finally be able to chew something.  Four more days!!

Most Active