Yeah, 2 more days..but...

Wyldblu
on 11/10/15 2:52 pm

I have 2 more days of this horrid liquid diet to finally move on to soft foods....2 more days until I not had anything solid in a month! I really feel like saying, "Screw this...it's ONLY 2 more days...what could it hurt to start soft foods a little early?" I mean, if I have to DRINK ANY more soup or another protein shake, I am gonna puke.

RANT OVER

Wyldblu

suzyq584
on 11/10/15 3:01 pm

I COMPLETELY know how you feel!  I was there not long ago....

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Wyldblu
on 11/10/15 3:55 pm

So, anyone start doing the soft foods a day to two early????

Wyldblu

psychoticparrot
on 11/10/15 3:57 pm

The taste of those protein shakes still haunts me, nine months later. Yyyyyyycccccchhhhhhh.  

I'd stick it out for two more days, though. Hurrying the process could lead to problems. Just sayin' is all.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Wyldblu
on 11/10/15 3:59 pm

I had to run some errands today, so I took one with me. Around noon, I drank a couple sips...nope..into the trash. I literally almost puked right there. I am not sure I can hold out....maybe I will make a scrambled egg for dinner and chew it to a liquid.....

Wyldblu

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/15 4:22 pm

I have read of some people who cheat and eat something more solid early. Some say it makes them hurt like hell and others do fine. Guess the choice is yours and depends on just how badly you want something other than liquids. If you decide to do that just go with whatever is the most mushy thing that appeals. Your idea of scrambled eggs doesn't sound bad. Think the first thing I ate was probably yogurt and then yogurt with cottage cheese stirred into it. Blended lots of things up after that. Good luck. You are right the point comes when one more shake is just one too many.

Wyldblu
on 11/10/15 4:49 pm

With my full liquid diet, I have been allowed yogurts, which is great and I do well on...but...OMG...enough it enough. I guess it is coming down to drinking more soup or protein and throwing it right back up, or trying, slowly to add food. 

Wyldblu

Grim_Traveller
on 11/10/15 5:19 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It is less about starting soft foods two days early, and more about being unable, or unwilling, to stick to your plan.

It's two days. You can pretty much anything for two days, right?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Wyldblu
on 11/10/15 5:43 pm

I would have agreed with that, and really am great at following directions and sticking with my doctor's recommendation if it hadn't already been a month and drinking anymore soup or protein drinks make me gag. So, it comes down to trying this, or throwing up, which I am thinking won't be great on my stomach either. I am really NOT exaggerating when I said I almost threw up the few sips of protein drink I had earlier today. I am great at complying...usually...

Wyldblu

Sandra F.
on 11/10/15 6:13 pm

I too was nauseous at absolutely everything when I was on liquids, so I feel your pain.  I actually did move on to soft foods slightly early and it turned out okay, although some foods like eggs and lactose rich foods caused nausea, so be careful.  I cannot even look at jello or protein shakes to this day and my surgery was more than 13 months ago!  I don't advocate eating off plan, don't get me wrong, but I know exactly how you feel and if you have to, you have to.  I do know now (didn't then) that I was nauseous because of dehydration.  Whatever you decide, good luck to you.

Most Active