HELP!!!

Diva2
on 11/3/15 1:19 pm - Zachary, LA

I had surgery two years ago, never reached my goal weight of 150, but went from 256 to 178, which I was very happy with. My problem I have regained 20lbs. They just slipped up on me. I have maintained protein shakes in the am, even have done the "pouch test" a few times, but to no avail. M family feels that I don't eat enough food (mostly protein shakes and salads, some meat) however, I have had to scopes with different physicians and they say although they can see where I have had sleeve surgery, my stomach seems "normal size." I still "very much" have restriction, (can only consume a small chilli from Wendy for example) however the scale WON'T MOVE'. I will go up, but not DOWN. Last weekend I tried eating a few carbs and gained EIGHT POUNDS. I am now fighting to get them off. My body seems to be at a "set point" between 198 and 195. I feel like I need some sort of "push" or fat burn to get me pass the 195lbs. any suggestions??? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

SDenae
on 11/3/15 2:14 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

Do you exercise? Some weight training to build muscle may help.

Another option: I've seen where others have suggested to people in your position that they should go back to the beginning and work through the steps again. I don't think you'd need to go as far back as the pureed stage, but maybe the one after that. For me, that'd mean going back to only eating 3 ounces of foods on my stage 3 (soft foods) list. (But that's just what I assume it means. Some veterans on here may be able to correct me.)

Honestly, it does sound like you may not be getting enough calories in your diet and your body has gone into conservation mode. I had that problem several weeks ago and the only thing that got me back on track was to increase my caloric intake.

I use the app MyFitnessPal to help me keep track of what I eat. It lets me know when I haven't consumed enough calories (or too many) in that day. It will even help you figure out how many calories you should be eating each day in order to reach your weight goal within a certain time frame.

Another thing: If you can, I would try to forget that the doctor said your stomach is "normal" size. Try to pretend/convince yourself that it's surgery size. Only eat what you should be able to hold at 1 year out (my doc said 1 cup of food per meal at 1 year and on).

If all else fails, try contacting your surgeon and see if he can help you in any way.

Good luck!

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

White Dove
on 11/3/15 2:42 pm - Warren, OH

It is normal to regain about 20 pounds after two years. It is called rebound and is pretty universal. If someone wants to maintain at 178 then they need to lose to 158 before the rebound starts.

It is too late for that now. First get rid of the protein shakes. They just add pounds at this stage. You need dense protein and very little else. Weigh your food and track it on My Fitness Pal. For me to lose weight I have to stay at 900 calories a day and that results in one pound a week. To lose 20 pounds would take me about six months of 900 calories a day.

You can get the weight off if you are willing to do the work for the time it takes.

A good way to give the fat a "push" is to follow Atkins Induction plan for two weeks.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Diva2
on 11/4/15 8:28 am - Zachary, LA

THANK YOU--You are the 1st person to offer some useful ideas. what are some suggestions of "dense protein". I am MORE than willing to do what it takes. Thank you again.

FuturePinUp
on 11/4/15 8:28 am

Although I am not in maintenance yet, I can tell you what I've learned from religiously reading these forums every other day:

1) The "pouch" test is a fad diet akin to like, a 3-day cayenne pepper detox, etc. It will not help.

2) The most successful people on here always say to stick to basics. So, prioritize protein (over 60g a day), keep carbs low, get over 64oz. of water daily, etc.

3) Track everything and measure out portions. Use a site like MyFitnessPal to make sure you're doing the stuff above, and also measure/weigh your portions to ensure you're not eyeballing things incorrectly.

4) The weight WILL come off, but you'll just have to worker harder at it the closer you get to goal.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Diva2
on 11/4/15 8:30 am - Zachary, LA

THANK YOU

Minkey
on 11/4/15 1:11 pm

I've found that when I don't eat enough protein or drink enough water, I'm in trouble. I don't exercise as I should due to arthritis of the knees and back, but I do move my legs when I'm on the computer or watching tv. At least I get some movement going. Protein shakes are way too high in calories and probably aren't doing you any good. It would be better to eat meats (beef, chicken, turkey) and stay away from the high fat meats (bologna, salami, sausage, etc). Unfortunately, all the "good" stuff you used to eat that made you large in the first place are usually those we need to stay away from. Good luck!!

Diva2
on 11/5/15 7:12 am - Zachary, LA

THANK YOU

Most Active