My personal pity party...you're invited!

Wyldblu
on 10/24/15 4:49 pm

So, my surgery is this coming Thursday, 10/29. Been on the liquid diet for over a week. Mostly, I feel weak and can't seem to get enough water in. When I drink it...cold or room temp, it makes my stomach gurgly and uncomfortable.

So, to top all that off, I needed to get a blood test on Friday, but by the time the chest xray people were done with me, they blood suckers were gone. They are open on Saturdays, but I didn't realize they closed at 11am and missed it again. Great.

However, the WORST part of all this is that last week I developed a cold. Been a pretty mild cold except for this cough. It has now kept me awake most every night this week. Drs office said I could take Robitussin, so I did, but it didn't help once I laid down in bed. So, I slept sitting straight up...if you could call it sleeping. Even took about an hrs nap today and still feel like I never slept at all.

Tonight we go to a Halloween party. I can't easily get out of it for a few reasons, but let's just say, many people are depending on me.

And for the cherry on top of this glass of whine....I have what feels like a sty in my right eye.

At this point, I am not sure what to do about the blood test. If I leave work early to get it done, not sure they can even get it to the drs office on time. And what's more annoying is that I have to go to the hospital on Tuesday for a blood cross and match. Why can't they do it all at the same time????

Ok...party over...nothing to see here...move along. lol

Wyld Blu

Duetoprivacy
on 10/24/15 5:01 pm

They should be able to test your blood for everything they want by using one sample! I would pitch a fit about it.

I hope you get some sleep tonight and feel better soon. Your week sounds positively miserable.

SDenae
on 10/24/15 5:10 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

I can't really offer any advice, but I can offer ((Hugs)). :)

I hope you feel better soon and good luck with your surgery!

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Ready2goNOW
on 10/24/15 5:36 pm

Awww...alot to whine about!

Feel better!

Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/15 5:43 pm
VSG on 07/27/15

Yeesh =\ I hope you can get it all taken care of at once, and start feeling better quick!

I sneezed once, about a week after surgery. It felt like a burning knife was ripping through my insides. I can't imagine coughing would feel much better :(

Take that Robitussin and feel better! I'm sure it will all work out :)

Good Luck with everything! :)))

Kiofish8
on 10/25/15 8:57 am
VSG on 11/02/15

Oh man so sorry this is happening to you. Buuut regarding the cold I feel your pain. The best and fastest thing to do to get rid of or at least almost stop the cold I found is to put some hydrogen peroxide in both ears for like 3 min at least 2 times day. It really helps! Don't stress too much about the blood work everything will work out!

Jennifer G.
on 10/26/15 6:17 am

Just remember you WILL make it through to the other side! I found ho****er with lemon was much easier to take than cold or room temp water and it helped my tummy feel fuller.

Good luck!

Grim_Traveller
on 10/26/15 6:37 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Please figure out the drinking issue now. You are feeling weak from not drinking enough, not lack of food. You have plenty of energy stored.

If you are having trouble drinking now, it will be much worse after surgery. It will land you back in the hospital, and it is 100 percent avoidable. There are 8 billion kinds of fluid. Find out what works, now.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active