4 days post-op--- How do I know I am full?

Angecakes
on 10/29/15 10:24 pm - Spokane Valley , WA

Congratulations! I am glad you went through with the surgery! I haven't had the surgery yet, but I just read the binder full of info the ARNP gave me about everything. It says that for the first 5 weeks or so, your "meals" should be about 1/4 cup to allow your stomach to heal. As somebody said earlier, if you are doing it slowly over time and not eating chunks of anything, you will prob. be ok. My ARNP just told me on Tuesday about a patient who didn't listen and 2 weeks post-op came in and said, "Haha! I had chicken and carrot cake and it was just fine!" and she said, "It's gonna come back and bite ya. You'll be in here in about 2 weeks paying for it." Sure enough, she was in.... ripped her stitches.... not much they can do for her, though they are trying.... It sounds like you are doing things right - just keep your measuring cups handy! I am going out to buy some small measured dishes for after surgery and some baby food. Haha The process really is like babies learning to eat!

White Dove
on 10/30/15 1:44 am - Warren, OH

Insist that you do not want to be nauseated after surgery and they will add meds to your anesthesia to make sure it does not happen.

I insisted that I did not want to throw up after surgery and they made sure that I did not.

The lady who ripped her stitches is in bad shape. That can be fatal.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tired_of_Weighting
on 10/30/15 6:35 am

Yes, next time I have to have surgery am going to tell someone I get nauseated with anesthesia. They had given me a patch but it wasn't enough. I threw up blood! Talk about painful and scary! They finally gave me IV phenergen to stop my nausea and another med to keep my new pouch from cramping.

Feel bad for whoever ripped their stitches. I am so nervous about overdoing it. I have been off one week as an elementary teacher and my doctor said two weeks is best but I have debated going back early to my class babies who have made me get well cards and sent a video that they missed me. How long did y'all take off work? :)

Plus, I think I am addicted to stepping on the scale. My doctor said not to at first but I can't help it. I am ready to see the pounds disappear! How often do y'all weigh?

suzyq584
on 10/30/15 1:04 pm

Yep! I told everyone who came near me that I have been nauseous after surgery before. I received what must have been really good nausea meds because I didn't have ANY nausea at all!!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

FuturePinUp
on 10/30/15 6:51 am

Sounds like you're doing great!! As others have mentioned, you won't get that full feeling for a while. I finally started to feel "fullness" again like 3-4 weeks post-op. For me, the feeling is still pretty similar to feeling full pre-op, but unlike pre-op, I absolutely cannot squeeze in that final bite or ignore it. When I get full, I am done, and there's no getting around it.

Due to not feeling fullness, it is so important to measure and weigh everything. At 4 months post-op, I still measure and weigh all my food and it's been a big help in mentally getting used to how much I can eat visually.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Most Active