Have my appointment soon with Dr. to go over all my requirements.

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/15 11:45 am

I am just curious to see how everyone's appointments went with going over all the requirements?

I would also like to know once seen Dr, of how long till you got your surgery date.

Thank you,

paflyersgal
on 10/27/15 7:53 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

Is it your Pre-op appointment? The day I went in for pre-op, I got to pick my own date. I had to make it 4 weeks out due to work, UNUM and FMLA, but my doctor was really great about it. I would of picked the next day if I could have.. hahahha...

If it's the first time seeing your doctor.. that's a different story. I had to wait 6 months, but that was due to insurance. They required me to be on a nutrition plan for 6 months before they would cover the surgery. So that also might be based on your insurance.

Karen

Starlene02
on 10/28/15 1:05 am
VSG on 11/11/15

I decided I wanted the surgery last March of 2015. When we thought insurance was going to cover it with no issue we were at the finish line in about 2 months. I went to the seminar and it was only a week after that that I met with the staff. I met my surgeon 2 weeks after that. I then had to wait to do my scope and some testing before we could submit to insurance. That's when we discovered that I had to prove that my surgery was necessary so I started my 6 month Dr monitored weight loss in April which I finished this month. My surgery date is set for Nov 11th. So it depends on your process, your insurance, your surgeon, how busy they are and even how hands on and determined you are.

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/15 11:12 am, edited 10/29/15 5:14 am

I am so happy to hear that you have a date for surgery. With my insurance I was lucky I was not required to do a 6 month weight loss with nutritionist. All the Dr recommended is that I meet with one before and after surgery to make sure I am eating correctly. This might be because of my knee, my knee is the reason I qualified for the surgery.

Good luck, keep me posted on how you are doing after!

how do you had your tracker on messages? I clicked all that is says to add but nothing is happening. Thanks

Starlene02
on 10/29/15 8:33 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

Thanks. Go to your health tracker which is the little chart icon on your screen under your screen name. Click go to health tracker, then click tickers and widgets. You should be able to set it up there. Somewhere there should be an option to include it in your signature. Good luck on your journey!

If you feel like quitting, think of why you started.

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/15 2:31 am

I will try again thanks!

Valerie G.
on 10/28/15 11:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Definitely call your insurance to see what they require. These are questions that your doc cannot answer.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/15 11:00 am

I am sorry this appointment is to go over all of my results to my required tests. Is this when they have you schedule or pick date for surgery?

Most Active