Food has NO power!

frisco
on 10/27/15 1:06 pm

Hey Kairk,

Once again your post makes one/all think...........

If I were to define my "crack"....... it also would be sugar.

If I ever F'uk this up..... it's gonna be sugar.

I can pass up bread, rice, pasta, potatoes....or just eat a little.....not a problem.

Desserts and candy......is much harder.

If I were to add to your thought, something that has been effective for me.

I choose to assign the power to the foods that are good for me.

"For me" I find that if I give the power to the proper foods by eating delicious and flavorful meals..... it lessens my desire for the bad choices.

I will say that if anyone who is early out and in WL mode chooses to eat straight up candy...... it's gonna be a very long hard road.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Spencerella
on 10/27/15 1:56 pm, edited 10/27/15 10:39 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Great post! It's amazing the power we give away to food and it's been a hard belief to give up. For most of my life I felt either excitement or fear towards those 'powerful' substances, but I've worked at changing my perception. Not easy!

And I'm with Frisco on the carb selection. As I reflect on the 'sides'(pasta, potatoes, rice, etc) I realize I really only used them as 'filller'. My sleeve ensures I have no room for filler if I eat dense protein first, so that's been a lifesafever for me.

But the sweets can still 'call' me (talk about handing over my power). I still can't do candy (I have no capacity to differentiate between good or bad candy). I can let the other stuff get out of hand pretty quickly too, so it's a work in progress. But when I do indulge, I try really hard to keep my thoughts and emotions relatively neutral. It tastes good and when it's been eaten I move on

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

twiddleDee
on 10/27/15 2:34 pm

Well said -

JoeyJo
on 10/28/15 12:17 pm - NJ

A wedding I attended Saturday night had a "candy bar". You could take a bag or more and fill it with all kinds of candy. I thought I could abstain and take it home to my mom and grandchildren. There was such an assortment and it was all so pretty. I filled a bag and put it in the car for the ride home. It was fine for the first 8 hours or so, but I caved a bit during the last 3 hours.

I forgot to bring the candy in and ate a LOT of the candy on my ride home from work Monday night. I was tired and a little hungry, but it was mindless, pure addiction. It made me feel sick and stupid for so long. I had a therapy session Monday night and told the therapist what I had done, we discussed it and it was clear that I cannot eat certain things without feeling poisoned.

I felt better this morning and know I can avoid the sweets. My body does not function well when I put sugar in my tank.

Most Active