Newly sleeved!

Robin B.
on 10/20/15 5:36 pm

I had my surgery yesterday and am home. Everything went well. Of course there is incisional pain, but pain mess help. No nausea and tolerating fluids? I am glad I had the courage to improve my life. Let the healing begin and full liquids tomorrow. Had some cream of wheat at hospital and no problem. Keeping up on my water and am up walking. Thanks for all the words of encouragement on the days leading up to this!

shisha65
on 10/20/15 5:43 pm - Auburndale, FL

My surgery will be 10/28/2015 , lots of mixed emotions. Hope you are doing good and heal well.

Tiki3211
on 10/20/15 5:53 pm

Robin, Congratulations! I am one month out from surgery. Bit of advice...take each step slowly. I was in such a hurry to move forward to my next step that I probably ate too much. Anyway it was a bad experience and with the help of everyone on this site I was given great guidance. And, walk, walk, walk...it really does help. Good luck to you.

Patty

Minkey
on 10/20/15 9:37 pm

Congrats Robin! You seem to be like me when I had surgery - not much pain. But don't take that for granted! It may get worse as it does with exercise - the 2nd day is always much worse. Just take it slow and don't try to do too much too quickly. You still have a new stomach and it can't take all that you used to put in it. Way to go!!

Tracy D.
on 10/21/15 9:58 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench, Robin!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Ready2goNOW
on 10/21/15 4:48 pm

Congrats Robin!

I had mine exactly a week ago and everything went well...no pain or nausea at all. I am not having a problem with fluids...they advise sip, sip, sip, but I can do a few sips each time. I had to do clear liquids until today and had cream of wheat...no problem. But dang I am full from 3 ozs eaten over 15 minutes!

I am still kind of weak...3 weeks with no food will do that, but have managed a few 5 minute outside walks.

I am thrilled it is going so well, too!

Kathy

LS2dv8
on 10/21/15 5:46 pm

Congrats! Sounnds like you are doing awesome! Keep it up!

LS2DV8

Duetoprivacy
on 10/21/15 6:06 pm

Happy healing! I hope it all goes very smoothly for you.

Most Active