Crosspost....Band to Sleeve revision folks, TALK TO ME!!!! PLEASE!!!!

michele1
on 10/15/15 4:03 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

I had my sleeve to band revision July 8. I had my band for 6 years, had to have it removed due to dilated esophagus and slip found on upper gi test. He took out the band, repaired a hernia caused by the band and removed a lot of scar tissue all in one surgery. The only things different from his regular sleeves was that he couldn't use the robot, and I had to have a contrast upper gi after surgery rather than a dye test for leak check. I had a drain while in the hospital but had no issues. In fact I keep thinking he didn't make my sleeve small enough because I have had no issues with any food I have tried lol. I did get some nausea if I ate too much the first few weeks but just measure out my portions and never had another issue.

The band was alway**** and miss when it came to food, now I feel normal when I eat. I don'tknow about heartburn because he has us on Pepcid complete for six months.

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

C J
on 10/16/15 6:36 am - , TN

Sounds like you had a great experience!!!!!!! These posts are encouraging!!!!! He did say he would do my sleeve a bit differently bc of the band in order to reduce the amount of pressure in stomach!!!!

CJ

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Most Active