Brand New Here!!! Surgery date scheduled for January

Chinua Hawk
on 10/10/15 5:41 pm
with

Hello Everyone,

I'm so excited to join you all in this journey. I'm new to this site and my surgery is scheduled for Jan 29th. My pre-op diet is going to be five weeks long. Is there anyone else who had a pre-op diet that long? If so, I could really use some tips and any other advice you all have to offer on preparation for my surgery.

Thank so much!

MelissaKay_69
on 10/10/15 6:57 pm

Welcome! You will find so much information and support here. My preop was 2 weeks long consisting of 5 protein drinks a day. It was hard but I just kept thinking about the end result. Good luck.

Chinua Hawk
on 10/10/15 7:33 pm
with

Thank you so much!! That's what I've been telling myself. Just stay focused on the end result.

Chinua Hawk
on 10/11/15 5:04 am
with

Thank you so much!! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

Jessica T.
on 10/10/15 10:21 pm

The first 3 days of pre op diet I would say were really a struggle, after that the adjustment got much easier.

Chinua Hawk
on 10/11/15 5:04 am
with

Thanks so much for the reply. I guess the only thing to do is just start!

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/15 4:35 am

WELCOME,

You will find lots of great info and support here.

You did not say what your pre-op diet consists of. Drs seem to prescribe all kinds from different diets from just liquid to frozen low calorie meals. Obviously some are far harder than others. Whatever yours is it will be so very worth it. My pre-op was two protein shakes a day (more if needed) and one light meal (I did dinner) till 3 days before surgery when it went to liquid and 24 hrs before surgery clear liquid. It really wasn't that bad. I even made it all the way across the country and to Mexico on clear liquids (protein water) without ant major issues. Good luck to you. You can do it.

Chinua Hawk
on 10/11/15 5:07 am
with

Thank you so much. I'll be receiving my full instructions soon but what I've been told so far is that is all liquid. The funny thing is that I'm not nervous about the surgery at all but the liquid diet before actually gave me a little pause. I had some doubt that I could do it but I'm pumped, thinking about the future.

Most Active