Final appointment down. Still waiting for my surgery date. Ultra ultra ultra anxious and...

Lindseydean1992
on 9/24/15 4:14 am

I finally went to my last appointment that I needed yesterday so now all I have left to do is wait for my doc to call me and schedule me for my surgery date. What I wanna know is how long exactly will I have to wait for him to call me? I hope its not too long. I just wanna at least know my date GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/24/15 8:13 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Has your paperwork been submitted for insurance approval yet? If so, it'll probably be about two weeks to process that.

Once insurance comes through, it may take a week or two for the scheduler to get in touch, and it seems like most people have surgery 3 - 4 weeks after.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Lindseydean1992
on 9/24/15 12:33 pm

My appointments and everything are on an air force base and I have Tricare Prime so I think the whole insurance thing is covered. Assuming that it already is approved and all will they call me sooner? 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/24/15 12:35 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If the insurance is approved, then they should call sooner because they're not waiting on an external review.

If in doubt, why not call your doctor and ask what the status of your file is? They can give you an estimate of how long it'll be.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Lindseydean1992
on 9/24/15 5:36 pm

Yeah I'll wait about a couple weeks and if I dont hear from them by then then I'll just have to call.

happyteacher
on 9/25/15 3:28 am

I have insurance that processes pretty darn quick by industry standards. So, my final appointment finished, the office ladies submitted, and approval was secured in about 3 days. I scheduled immediately. I called the office on day 2 to check status politely, and then back again later and this is how I found out it was confirmed. In other words, I didn't wait for them to contact me, but I also was not *****y or demanding. 

Good luck!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

psychoticparrot
on 9/25/15 8:47 am

To paraphrase the late Yogi Berra, it'll take as long as it takes. But I do hope your appointment is made quickly and that soon we'll be congratulating you for coming through your surgery with flying colors.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active