Surgery Tomorrow

Sleeveforlife
on 9/20/15 5:30 am

My dr gave me meds for anxiety before hand and said if I was nervous or could not sleep the day before to take one. Try that?

Luisa728
on 9/20/15 12:38 pm

Ok I'll see what he says thanks!

Lissa_ND
on 9/20/15 12:38 pm
VSG on 09/02/15

I tried talking myself out of surgery many times because of my fears. Honestly it wasn't even half as bad as I was thinking it would be. My pain was never untolerable. Might sound silly but the worst parts of the whole experience for me was getting my IV in, my butt being sore from the bed, and the swallow test. You shouldn't hurt bad besides being sore. You wake up after and they make you comfortable right away. You will do great! Just think of future thoughts to push through it. Keep us updated!

Age 37 starting weight 301lbs, 5'6. VSG and Gallbladder removal September 2nd 2015

Luisa728
on 9/20/15 12:40 pm

Thank you so much for you message!!! I appreciate it!! I'll make sure to let you all know how everything went! Thanks for all your help & support! 

MelissaKay_69
on 9/20/15 12:41 pm

Hi Luisa, I'm having my surgery Tuesday and am pretty nervous too. I chose to work tomorrow to try and take my mind off it. I asked my doctors office if I could take a Xanax the morning before I go. I pray everything goes well for you and I'll see you on the losers bench 😀

Luisa728
on 9/20/15 12:48 pm

Hey MelissaKay,

See you on the Losers Bench but I wanted to wish you luck & blessings on your weight loss journey!! Good Luck!! Keep us updated on your journey!

Best,

Luisa

grandma_ov4
on 9/20/15 3:47 pm

Tomorrow is my surgery date too.  I have felt like you describe for the last week.  It's the unknown that has had me scared.  Finally, last night I typed out  a detailed schedule of what my day today, tomorrow, and for the next three days will look like.  I put in exactly what times everything will happen and times for each medication and food.  The details from the clinic, hospital, pharmacy were scattered but now I have a handle on how my days will go.  I picked a good surgeon so now I just have to trust him.  Now I find I'm focused beyond the surgery and even the first week.  Most of my anxiety has subsided and I'm looking forward to coming home with my new, little tummy.  Good luck an hope you get some sleep tonight.  Cindy

Luisa728
on 9/20/15 3:55 pm

Hello Cindy,

Thank you for you motivating & reassuring words. I have also written out a post-op plans & im thankful to have a mother that is willing to take a week off work to be my aid for any help I may need to get out of bed, move around, pre & serve food & help me use the bathroom. Good luck with your surgery as well! See you on the Losers Bench! :)

happyteacher
on 9/20/15 3:51 pm

It is normal to be nervous, so don't worry about being nervous! The procedure is a piece of cake. When you go in and once you reach the point they put you to sleep, just remind yourself of how amazing your health will be in 6 months. Don't back out. You will be so, so glad you did this!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Luisa728
on 9/20/15 3:58 pm

Thank you so much for your words! It helps me feel at ease! & all I do is think of the end of the road when I get a little anxious. 

Most Active