Tricare Prime coverage

mylight22
on 9/5/15 5:52 pm - san diego, CA

Hi!

I'm new to the forum and I have been trying to loose weight for the past 2 years.  I recently lost 25 pounds just to gain them all back one month later :(

So All my diets including weigh****chers, HCG etc was documented by the dr including the fact that I have Depression and Prediabetic.

I got approved to see a Dr at Balboa Naval Hospital.  Has anyone had one done by tricare coverage?

PaulaS
on 9/6/15 7:28 am - TX

I had VSG at Wilford Hall in San Antonio, 4/2011.   Had Tricare Standard.   

Great experience, and loved Dr. Jason Pfluke and his staff!

michele1
on 9/6/15 5:07 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

I have Tricare Prime and they paid for my lap band removal but not the revision to the sleeve, they may have paid for bypass but I didn't want it. So I begged, borrowed and considered stealing (JK) and ended up self pay :-(  

If I remember right there is someone on this board who appealed, fought and won to get them to pay for the sleeve. I could't wait my band had to come out, you can always appeal!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/7/15 7:30 am

The sleeve is not a covered benefit. Some MTFs offer it, but it is not covered if you see a civilian surgeon. 

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Matterame
on 9/19/15 9:39 pm

I had the sleeve done in Virginia 6 wks ago, on Tricare Prime at the Portsmouth Naval Hospital. I had to be cleared by a nut, psych, and had my heart checked, it was all covered I didn't pay a dime. 

Most Active