Which U.S. surgeons do VSG on someone with a 32 BMI??

Hopeful7
on 9/2/15 5:48 pm

Thanks for the tips. I actually thought about doing the same thing as you and try to talk to the doctor personally to see if I can change his mind. Lol

How many doctors did you have to visit with before you found one that would perform the surgery?

boudiceatx
on 9/2/15 7:26 pm

I called a couple of different places before I found Dr. St Laurent, but I never saw those surgeons so I'm not sure if they would have told me no or not. The front desk people at those offices told me my BMI wasn't high enough, but the surgeons might have felt differently. I'm actually glad the other places didn't work out, because I couldn't be happier with the surgeon who I ended up with.  When I made the appointment to see him I was kind of expecting to hear the word no, but that wasn't his response.  He is willing to look at the whole picture and doesn't just fixate on the number as some may do.  I saw him in June 2015 and had surgery the following month.

If you google his name you can pull up his website and email him with questions.  He responds back personally.  I hope you can find someone in your area, but should you come to Texas he would be a good choice.

Most Active