6 Year Anniversary of VSG

George B.
on 8/20/15 5:46 am - Miami, FL

We do have very similar experiences. 

We vacation on Sanibel Island every August and now with my Lands End sunblocker shirt I look svelt and fit. The extra skin is not apparent. Before the surgery I didn't even want to go to the beach and I'm certain people thought the same thing, "Fat dude trying to hide out in a shirt". 

My doctor explained the weight loss to me as a numbers game. Calories consumed versus calories expended. I became more active as I lost weight and did things I hadn't done before like bike riding, going to the beach and park with the kids, gardening more, etc. I let go of my gardener and started tending my own yard, washing my own cars and being more active in general. The weight came off at a regular clip. 

I now try to walk 2-3 miles a day with the kids and the dogs, for the exercise and because I enjoy it. We walk around the par-three course which is beautiful and fun.

When I look at my extra skin I consider having surgery but it's not a priority at this time.

Congratulation on your success!

George

Dan1962
on 8/19/15 2:33 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Great story and inspiration.  Thanks for sharing.

Ethel S.
on 8/19/15 2:39 pm

Congratulations! My sleeve is Aug 21st.  Your message blessed me and encouraged me.  Thanks so much!

George B.
on 8/20/15 5:50 am - Miami, FL

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow!

Get ready for life to change for the better.

Word of advice, when you're close to losing half your goal weight go ahead and buy new clothes. Wearing clothes that bare too big for you will start looking ridiculous and you're going to love being able to go into any store and finding clothes which fit.

michele1
on 8/19/15 2:43 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

Wow awesome job, thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

E_Saenz
on 8/19/15 5:51 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Your post was awesome Love to see people this far out come and inspire like you just did it's always appreciated and it helps people have hope where there wasn't any.

Elia Maria Saenz

George B.
on 8/20/15 5:52 am - Miami, FL

Congratulation on your weight loss.

I'm not on the boards as much now but on the anniversary of my VSG I like to give an update. The sleeve was the right solution to my weight problem, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Six years post-op I'm at a good weight, no high blood pressure and no high cholesterol.

Sandra F.
on 8/20/15 6:09 am

Thanks for sharing.  I love to read the updates from the veterans to see hopefully how my life will be at 6 years out.

Smallbites2015
on 8/21/15 3:04 pm

So happy for you. I'm so glad to see your story. Thanks for the motivation

Lee ~
on 8/23/15 7:30 pm - CA

Congratulations on a very successful six years!  You definitely have a story worth repeating.  Here's to the next 6!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active