I love my sleeve

cappy11448
on 8/20/15 5:12 pm

Thanks for your kind words.  I'm so pleased that you are considering the sleeve and I hope you are as happy with it as I am.

I've been on three cruises since my sleeve.  The first time I tried to stick to my plan and eat dense proteins and veggies.  I could succeed pretty well except dinner when I had a long time at the table hungry with bread and butter the only choice.  So I gave into the bread and butter.   But I was walking so much that I didn't gain weight.  On the next two cruises, I decided to put the plan aside and eat whatever I wanted.  With the restriction, I was still limited in my portions, but I ate all I desired.  I did come back 5 pounds heavier this last time, but I feel satisfied, and I'm happy to be back on my food plan.  It'll take a month or two to shed the extra weight, but I think sometimes you have to give oneself a break.  And its ok as long as I can get back on track. Stay posted to see how I do! (smile)

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Karen D.
on 8/19/15 6:59 pm - NY
Revision on 11/24/15
On August 19, 2015 at 5:48 AM Pacific Time, cappy11448 wrote:

I recently returned from a cruise and I've been cooking a lot of my favorite sleeve-friendly foods, and I'm just feeling so happy with my sleeve and life post weight loss.

This week I made salmon, a crustless mushroom quiche, crack slaw, buffalo chicken, phily cheese steak sloppy joes, and a harvest chicken salad.  I enjoy them all and they are healthy.

This weight loss surgery really works!  I feel so blessed to be a normal weight and able to manage my eating.  It isn't always easy.  Some days I want to throw away the food plan. Some days I have to distract myself to keep from over-eating.  Some days I feel bad that I can only eat a fraction of what others around me eat.  But it is so good to be healthy, and have the energy to travel and participate in life more.  I feel so lucky.

If you are starting the weight loss process, I wish you the best.  Its not easy but its possible.  You can succeed.

Carol

That's great!  I may be asking my surgeon for a revision tomorrow.  I am nervous but hearing what you said makes me feel like I am doing the right thing.

psren13
on 8/20/15 12:25 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

AMEN!!!!  Cappy

Most Active