can we be honest...

wyo_sarah
on 8/19/15 9:13 am

I have never heard that formula before.  Thank you so much for that.  I'm "maintaining" for now (I'm a year out) but I know that I'm eating things I shouldn't and I'm trying to stop.  I'm a fact oriented person, so having a math formula to guide my eating will help me tremendously.  I'm realizing that I'm still working on my relationship with food too.  I get frustrated and my first response is to eat.  Thanks again.

ajporter14
on 8/19/15 11:00 am - gainesville , FL

so they change Im experiencing at now three years would be considered normal, as it is now going to be up to me to not put weight back on, correct? I havent ever gained, but I also find it extremely hard to lose. 

ajporter14
on 8/19/15 11:01 am - gainesville , FL

and thank you for the reminder about hunger, sometimes I forget thats not what it all about!  

TerryF9
on 8/19/15 4:22 pm

"Hunger is not an emergency" I am posting that on my refrigerator. Great reply White Dove.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/19/15 4:46 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

All I can say is eating till you feel full & eating till you feel satisfied are 2 different things.

I'm not as far out as you, but one thing I've heard on these boards is to under eat your sleeve. I'm guessing your sleeve is fully matured now, so you have a good idea of how much it can hold. I'd say don't eat till you feel full, I think depending on the sleeve, all the time, might not be a good idea, if anything its just a reminder to let you know when you've gone too far.

Also I'm guessing that since you're closer to goal that your weight loss has slowed down. I heard this is common as you approach goal, so you'll really have to buckle down to get over that hump. You'll have to really keep on top of what your eating, like maybe too many carbs has worked its way back into your eating plan. Track everything, maybe you'll have to cut back in addition to changing up what you're eating.

The sleeve still helps, it never stops, but it's only 1 tool in your toolbox to help you reach goal,best of Luck to you, I'm sure you'll make it there. Don't give up!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Grim_Traveller
on 8/19/15 6:23 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You got some great responses above, and I will second what they wrote.

I'd like to add something. It is alarming when you said that your family first noticed how much more you could eat, but you did not. Awareness is crucial. Like White Dove, I weigh all my food on a kitchen scale before I eat. Otherwise I would be eating more. As morbidly obese people, we have no idea of what a healthy portion size is. More is better, right? And it takes very little extra food to stop losing and start gaining. 100 calories a day is 10 pounds in a year. It adds up.

Be aware of how much you are eating, both in one sitting, and in the course of a day. There are days when I eat a lot. But I KNOW I am eating a lot, and it's my choice, not an accident. And for every day that I eat extra, I have to balance it with a day I eat less.

You can do this, but you have to put the work into it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Gwen M.
on 8/19/15 9:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

This is a very good point, Grim.  Awareness is so important.  I don't measure every single meal I eat, but I measure 85% of the time and can't see that changing.  (I don't always have my scale with me for the other 15%!)  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

ajporter14
on 8/19/15 11:06 am - gainesville , FL

sorry I supposed that was misleading, I did notice I could eat more, but I noticed it was gradual and didnt think it was a big issue, I thought it was somewhat expected being that Im 3 years out. I lived away from home for school and dont visit often so when they noticed it, it probably seemed more dramatic to them. I am aware and that is why Im posing the question. I havent regained any weight and my diet isnt an issue, I follow the rules still and eat healthy. I just know now, Im not getting full or satisfied anymore. 

Gwen M.
on 8/19/15 9:35 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It sounds like you need to get back on board with weighing, measuring and tracking everything you put in your mouth.  

What, exactly, are you eating on a daily basis now?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

ajporter14
on 8/19/15 11:07 am - gainesville , FL

My diet isnt really the question, its more did other experience this at around 3 years where they noticed less restriction? 

Most Active