Disney World Tips?

mmb2003
on 8/22/15 6:01 pm

Hey everyone!

I was sleeved on 8/11 and we are leaving for Disney on 9/11.  Has anyone gone post sleeve?  Any recommendations on restaurants that are more VSG friendly?  (FYI, I'm back on regular food 9/9.) Any tips you can pass along will be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

--Meg

VSG 8/11/15 HW: 272.5 PreOp: -17.5 M1: -20.8 M2: -15.0 TWL: -55.1 CW: 217.4

1st Goal: 225 9/27/15 2nd Goal: 200 3rd Goal: 170

lessofme123
on 8/23/15 3:55 am

I would just bring my own food. You won't be eating enough to buy a meal at a restaurant,  especially at Disney world prices. If you are going with someone you could always have a few bites of their meal.

proudtxmama
on 8/23/15 8:47 am
VSG on 04/07/15 with

I was a tiny bit further along - VSG 4/7 Disney 6/8, but here's what I did. Packed the pre-mixed Premier Protein drinks and had one in the morning while my family had their breakfast, 30 gms protein down and got my day off to a great start. Then for lunch and dinner would eat off hubby's plate, he'd get something I could eat and would enjoy like fish or something chicken. I'd eat my few bites of protein and he'd fini**** off. Worked great and I was able to meet my protein goals no prob.  Will depend where you're at on your eating plan so keep that in mind, I  was on regular diet at that point (not mushies or liquids). I second the earlier response on it not being worth paying for a separate meal.

Most importantly I always had a bottle of water in my hand and was sipping constantly. With all the walking and the heat and humidity of FL it would be easy to get dehydrated, especially that early out. My dietary needs didn't negatively impact enjoyment of trip for family at all. Hope that helps. 

Have a great trip! 

Abby2015
on 8/26/15 12:44 pm

You could have protein shakes or other food delivered to your hotel room by Garden Grocer which means you won't have to haul them with you or go to the store when you get there.

Disney is fine with you taking food into the park so that makes things so much easier.

I haven't been sleeved yet so I can't help too much with food, but we go to Disney every few months (we live in Florida) so I'm happy to answer any other questions.

This site lists all the menus so you can get an idea of what is available to you at every restaurants - http://www.disneyfoodblog.com

Most Active