Do we or don't we???

Grim_Traveller
on 8/17/15 10:57 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You can't dump on chicken. You can feel ill from lots of different things, but dumping is from lots of sugar emptying into your small intestine all at once.

Fat makes some queasy, but it's also not dumping. Sugar alcohols make a lot of people really sick, but also not dumping. Chicken? I have no idea what that might have done.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/17/15 4:30 am, edited 8/17/15 4:30 am
On August 17, 2015 at 9:55 AM Pacific Time, robinreinhardt wrote:

Psychoticparrot,

I had RNY 8 months ago. Last month I was in the garage after eating chicken too fast. I passed out in the garage and hurt my head pretty bad. So my question to you was that dumping or did I just get up too fast. I see my surgeon in October so I will ask her also. Thanks for your advice.

Robin

you don't dump on chicken, or fat or combination of proteins or fat...  

ugh.. passing out because of other issue can happen.. getting sick - nausea, and even puking your guts out + runs due to too much fat - is not dumping...  getting sick because of fat - may be called - fat flash... not dumping.. ugh.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hollykim
on 8/18/15 9:06 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 17, 2015 at 9:55 AM Pacific Time, robinreinhardt wrote:

Psychoticparrot,

I had RNY 8 months ago. Last month I was in the garage after eating chicken too fast. I passed out in the garage and hurt my head pretty bad. So my question to you was that dumping or did I just get up too fast. I see my surgeon in October so I will ask her also. Thanks for your advice.

Robin

dumping doesn't happen after eating protein.

michele1
on 8/17/15 10:27 am
Revision on 07/07/15

I agree, I have had several episodes of (sorry tmi) diarrhea since surgery but atribute it to liquids in liquids out! Thanks for the response!!!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/17/15 11:34 am

Dumping can happen to anyone - even normies with rel full size stomach.. It can happen to VSG person. 

It is much rarer than for RNY person... but it can happen...

but as so many before me said "if you have to ask if you dumped ? you did not... You will know when you really dump.. trust me... you will feel like dying - or wishing someone kills you, to spare what you are going through..  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

wyo_sarah
on 8/17/15 12:46 pm

I had an experience when I wasn't too far out from surgery and I ate 4 M&Ms.  I thought it was dumping, but it was just a horrible tummy ache for eating sugar when I shouldn't have.  I think people seem to think that any type of stomach discomfort seems to be dumping.  Just an over-generalization.

Most Active