protein drinks cool at school? edit: bad news

murphyjo
on 8/15/15 8:27 pm

I've seen water bottles with a freezable insert that attaches to the lid...

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/15 6:42 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Congrats on starting school! My office shares a mini fridge, so to avoid the morning fight for space, I just got this lunch box. I throw in a protein shake, a yogurt, a string cheese, and an ice pack every morning, and the yogurt is still plenty cold 7 hours later. It's big enough to hold everything with the ice pack just fine but isn't bulky at all.

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/15 8:45 am
VSG on 07/13/15

Update: I won't really be needing anything to cool protein drinks since I have some bad news.

I found out that by being out of district, I won't get quite enough money to pay for books and transportation so I had to drop my classes. I'll stick to plan B by focusing on losing this weight and getting myself into shape by this time next year so I can apply for a retail job like I had in the past.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, as they could help me in the future.

NHPOD9
on 8/17/15 2:51 pm

American Public University is an online school that offers reasonable prices. I don't know what degree you are pursuing, but you could work and further your education at the same time.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 8/18/15 5:23 am
VSG on 12/06/12
Donna L.
on 8/20/15 6:57 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

:(  That is so frustrating.  Hang in there and do not give up.  Also, check community colleges for online classes.  Many here have them, and you can take them and not worry about transportation fees.  You can also email instructors and ask if you can buy a previous edition of your textbook.  For example, one of my grad school textbooks was $160 this semester, but the previous edition was $10.  The professor said it was cool to use the older version.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active