Vegan and Contrave

Brandi D
on 8/12/15 7:10 pm

Dr. Garth assessed my hunger, complaints about eating too much, lack of restriction... and we have decided that taking me Vegan with Contrave may be a way to jumpstart and rid myself of bad cravings.

I've been told not to count ANYTHING except fiber.. He doesn't want me even thinking about protein or calories... Just whole, all natural foods and getting 35g of fiber...

He posted his presale for ProteinAholic just before he came into the patient room.. so I kinda saw this happening..

But he also didn't lecture me like some did on here when I said my restriction was lost.... He agreed it happens.

I know some on here will swear the stretching and lack of restriction was all in my head.... and you're allowed because your experience has varied.. Just sharing what is going on over here...

Day 1 of Vegan wasn't difficult. Dr Garth gave a ton of yummy recipes and I pick up my Contrave tomorrow.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
TexasTerritory
on 8/12/15 11:17 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
What is contrave?

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/15 1:39 am

It's a prescription weight loss medicine. Check it out here: about Contrave

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/15 1:41 am

Glad your meeting was positive and the doctor was able to give you a direction to go to get your weight back in control!

ladygodiva1228
on 8/13/15 1:41 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On August 12, 2015 at 7:10 PM Pacific Time, Brandi D wrote:

Dr. Garth assessed my hunger, complaints about eating too much, lack of restriction... and we have decided that taking me Vegan with Contrave may be a way to jumpstart and rid myself of bad cravings.

I've been told not to count ANYTHING except fiber.. He doesn't want me even thinking about protein or calories... Just whole, all natural foods and getting 35g of fiber...

He posted his presale for ProteinAholic just before he came into the patient room.. so I kinda saw this happening..

But he also didn't lecture me like some did on here when I said my restriction was lost.... He agreed it happens.

I know some on here will swear the stretching and lack of restriction was all in my head.... and you're allowed because your experience has varied.. Just sharing what is going on over here...

Day 1 of Vegan wasn't difficult. Dr Garth gave a ton of yummy recipes and I pick up my Contrave tomorrow.

Um have you looked at Contrave?  I wouldn't be so quick to take itdeadly diet pill

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Gwen M.
on 8/13/15 4:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Did you have an endoscopy to see if everything is functioning correctly?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active