The dreaded gym

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/15 4:08 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

I joined a gym that is super close to my work, and have been going 3-5 times a week for a little over a year. After learning some stuff, I actually started working with a personal trainer. Don't get me wrong, it can be pricey, but what I have found my body to be capable of over the last year has given me the confidence to jump into the group classes, boot camps, even complete 12 weeks of p90x with a group of 4 people and another trainer. 

My surgery isn't until Saturday, but I'm already bummed that I can't lift weights for a month. 

Try everything at your new gym! Try classes, ask how to use every machine, have just 1 personal trainer session (if the gym offers it) and they can work out a routine for you to do to target everything you should. 

They say say it takes 28 days to make or break a habit.... Good luck and have fun!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/15 6:47 am

Thanks for everyone's advice!  I'm happy to hear that I can see results without having to go out of my comfort zone doing things I don't enjoy.  Yesterday after work was my first day working out.  I did 10 minutes on the elliptical and then decided I would do leg exercises.  It felt great and I did honestly enjoy it!  By the time I was almost done the front desk person had asked me if I wanted to try a free class.  I said, "sure" not realizing what I was getting in to.  Well I actually did a 60 minute spin class   I wasn't able to keep up with all the moves but I stayed on the bike and tried my hardest.  Today it hurts to sit down and I feel bruised in my seat area lol.  I realized though that I'm a lot stronger than I gave myself credit for.  I don't think I'll do spinning again because it was too hard on my knees but I will definitely take advantage of group classes because that was a huge push for me to do more.  

ArtyGirl
on 8/11/15 1:02 pm

Thanks so much for this thread. There were some great suggestions here. Good luck!!

Most Active