revision fom Lapband to Sleeve 08/31

amaral1407
on 8/11/15 5:47 pm - WA

Was approved for my lapband revision to the sleeve August 31. Excited and nervous, the lapband was great for about the first year, than I started getting sick whenever I ate, had to get it deflated and inflated so many times, I ended up anemic, heartburn, and unfortunately gaining back 37 of the 130 pounds I lost. I have a few ??? Any idea to how long I will need to be off work, it is a desk job?  Anyone that has had the revision did you notice slower weight loss?

TerryF9
on 8/11/15 8:32 pm

Congrats on getting approved amaral! I have not had a revision, I had a gastric sleeve but before getting my surgery I did tons of research and spoke to many people who had lapband to sleeve revisions. How long have you had your lapband? Has it been removed? These are things that influence both your surgery and your recovery. If you've had your lapband for a long time, you have scar tissue and the surgery may be more complicated. 

Hope my two cents helped you some.

amaral1407
on 8/11/15 9:42 pm - WA

Yes it does help!  I have had my lapband since March 2012.  My doctor is going to do it in one procedure.  I am trying to read up on the sleeve, I never knew I would be so sick with the lapband.  I have been nonstop sick for two months and became anemic besides getting an infection.  The lapband worked great for about 18 months than my body started rejecting it and I have had numerous fills and unfills.

TerryF9
on 8/11/15 11:33 pm

Sorry to hear about your issues with the lapband, the good thing is you're doing something about it, hurray for you! When it comes to the sleeve, from what I read and I'm experiencing, is that it allows you to maintain most -if not all- the nutrients and your new way of eating will have you focus on protein. As a diabetic, that was important for me. 

E_Saenz
on 8/11/15 10:30 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Congratulations on your revision date!  

Elia Maria Saenz

amaral1407
on 8/12/15 8:08 am - WA

Thank you....  Been a difficult year with the lapband

michele1
on 8/12/15 8:58 am, edited 8/12/15 8:59 am
Revision on 07/07/15

Great news congratulations! I am five weeks out today from my band to sleeve revision with hernia repair. I felt good going into week three, I took two weeks off even though I work from home. I didn't feel like talking and my-xpatience level just wasn't where it normally is. I only really felt pain in the area of the two biggest incisions, I had nausea and diarrhea which made me miserable.

I also gained 40 pounds back from my lowest band weight, I weighed myself Friday and was down 15, I lost 5 the first week. Slower than others but I never have been a fast loser. The best thing is that the sleeve in my opinion works like the band should have. I feel like I have the potential to get even lower than I did with the band!!!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

Most Active