Vacation

flwrpwr
on 8/10/15 6:26 am
VSG on 02/23/15

I just returned from a Family Reunion weekend.  Up until now I did really well with my food plan. The last three days were not as bad as they could have been,  but they were not as good either. I must come to grips with a 3lb gain in 7 days. Looking for support and courage. Please help!!!

myforever

ipray
on 8/10/15 7:29 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Try not to dwell on your failures. Use this as a learning experience as now you know what type of situation will cause you to weaken. The most important thing is that you know you where you messed up and are not making excuses. That is huge! You understand what you did and you want to improve. All of us fall off of the wagon every now and then. The important thing is getting back up, brushing ourselves off and moving on. Don't beat yourself up over this. Today is a new day, just take it a day at a time and your 3 lb gain will go away. You mentioned that you were doing really well on your food plan. Just keep following it and you will be fine. Good luck to you!    

flwrpwr
on 8/10/15 1:43 pm
VSG on 02/23/15

Thanks,  I did get right back to my plan today.

myforever

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/15 10:00 am

Like the song says. "Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again!"

Use today as your reset day and get back to what you were doing to lose that 50+ pounds you've already shed!

flwrpwr
on 8/10/15 1:45 pm
VSG on 02/23/15

Thanks,  picking up and dusting off is just what I have done today. 

myforever

psychoticparrot
on 8/10/15 5:38 am, edited 8/10/15 5:38 am

What ipray said -- learn from this. I have found that visits to and from my grandson, who never is without his junk-food snacks, result in weight stasis or gain for me. Like you, the gains are not too bad, but just bad enough to be worrisome.

My grandson is coming for another weeklong visit next week. This time, I'll be prepared. I plan to have nutritious, low-calorie snacks of my own on hand so as not to be tempted by his snacks. I also plan to have 5 very small meals a day instead of my usual 3+snack in order to avoid hunger, which would send me straight to his Hershey Kisses and GoGurts and Cocoa Pebbles.

BTW, his parents send these snacks along with him. He won't eat healthy food no matter what I do (He's 7 years old). He won't even eat strawberry topping on a sundae because strawberries are fruit, and he won't eat anything that that remotely resembles a vegetable or fruit. But that's is a different story that I hope will have a happy ending as he grows up.

Good luck with future temptations. They will come. Plan strategies for them. And don't beat yourself up too much over lapses in food judgment. They happen to us all. 

psychoticparrot

flwrpwr
on 8/10/15 1:44 pm
VSG on 02/23/15

Thanks for the inspiration. 

myforever

lbmoore0
on 8/11/15 8:21 am

My 5 year old granddaughter lives with me so I can totally understand the challenges having a child in your home brings!  However, I am truly blessed that she loves fruit and vegetables and would rather have a salad than just about anything!  Good luck with your visit!

michele1
on 8/10/15 3:52 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

Oh, you'll get back on plan! I am sure some of that gain is from all the salt and or/carbs during that week......no worries you've got this!!!!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

flwrpwr
on 8/10/15 4:45 pm
VSG on 02/23/15

Thanks,  I have done well today. Now just to keep it up! 

myforever

Most Active