Hilarious NSV

Ready2goNOW
on 8/5/15 6:50 pm

Beware all law-abiding citizens...no lectures PLEASE!

I had to share this despite the fact I will probably be judged for my opinion about wearing a seatbelt due to research on safety & statistics!

I do NOT like wearing my seatbelt & avoid wearing one whenever possible! At my highest weight they were uncomfortable & I sure as hell was not adding insult to injury by requesting a medical waiver from my doctor w/the 'I've told you over & over you need to lose weight' lecture that was sure to go with it.

Plus, I tend to be a rebel leftover from the 60's & 70's & don't like being told what I have to do in my own car I bought & paid for!

Consequently, I frequently get pulled over for not wearing a seat belt!

Today, I was driving to the beach & got pulled over. The officer told me he pulled me over for the seat belt infraction & asked why I was not wearing it. I gave him my standard response: "Officer, I am fat & it is too uncomfortable for me to wear!" (I am not disrespectful in explaining my personal rebel views about the law & how I feel it should not apply to what I do in my car.)

Mind you, I tell every cop who pulls me over (2 or 3 a year for many years now) the same reason & they do not respond.

But THIS cop was kind enough to say "Mam, you are NOT too fat to wear a seatbelt!"

Maybe it was just his personality, but I HAVE lost 60 pounds pre-op and my belly no longer pushes against the steering wheel despite my seat being pushed all the way back! I know I look a lot better!

Anyhow, I'll take it.

(Now all I have to do is pay the darn ticket!)

Kathy

suzyq584
on 8/5/15 6:58 pm

Ha!  I love it!! "Mam, you are NOT too fat to wear a seat belt!"  HAHAHAHA!!!

E_Saenz
on 8/5/15 7:20 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

That's an awesome nsv thanks officer I'll take my ticket now lol!  Hey btw did you see chubbyhubby got on yesterday with an update 

Elia Maria Saenz

Ready2goNOW
on 8/6/15 6:15 am

Hi Elia!

Yes, I saw his response & got to respond to him last night. Told him not to scare the crap out of ppl by disappearing...lol!

I am following you, too, so good luck on the surgery & KEEP US POSTED!

Otherwise YOUR name will also be in big neon letters in the subject line!

Kathy

Kathy

E_Saenz
on 8/6/15 8:49 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Thanks for the response I needed a good laugh you are a quite funny lady!

Elia Maria Saenz

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/6/15 3:06 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Please don't take this the wrong way, but your font is very difficult to read.  Maybe because I'm a relic, but it makes me skip over your comments because they are too straining on the eyes.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Ready2goNOW
on 8/6/15 4:47 pm

No offense taken...lol!

I have changed my font just for you!

Kathy

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/6/15 10:17 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Thank you!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

robinreinhardt
on 8/6/15 4:33 pm

Kathy,

Thanks for the NSV I'm so happy for you! Sorry you got the ticket but what a nice compliment from the officer. Keep up the great work.

Robin

Ready2goNOW
on 8/6/15 4:46 pm

Thanks, Robin!

It just cracked me up! My 37 year old daughter who was with me kept saying 'See Mom, you're really doing good! Even the cops are taking notice!'

Kathy

Most Active