Gratitude thread

happyteacher
on 7/30/15 1:00 pm

Gratitude! It is worth taking a moment to acknowledge what is good in your life! Feel free to share the amazingingness that is yours!

- my kids are doing splendidly

- I am learning French through a free app called Duolingo and loving it

- health is doing awesome, recovery from surgery going smoothly

- enjoying planning my upcoming vacation

- found my sisters' Fiestaware at a great price for her birthday

I could go on and on.... how about you?

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

E_Saenz
on 7/30/15 1:11 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm grateful for the support my brother gave me for my pre op diet required by my surgeon cost 250.00 and he paid it for me.  I'm grateful for my boyfriend who has been in and out on the support end but I know in the long run he loves and supports me losing this weight.  I'm grateful my surgey that I've been waiting nearly 10 years for is happening on the 12th of August 2015 and I'm grateful for the care and support I'm getting from e everyone on this site I appreciate everyone everyday!

Elia Maria Saenz

Laura in Texas
on 7/30/15 2:09 pm

I am grateful for my kids, our good health, that we have a roof over our heads and food to eat, my job that I love (even though the pay is meager), and that we have family and friends who love us.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/30/15 2:25 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Duolinguo is fab, I'm using it to brush up on my Spanish!

Here are a few of mine...

• We have a home warranty that'll cover the cost of A/C repair, even if we have to wait a while to get it fixed (ew)

• I just hired a new employee for my department, so we'll have more people to cover the workload

• It's FINALLY starting to cool down, if only while it rains. Yay monsoon season!

• My cat has decided to start sleeping on my hands/arms at night and be very snuggly, even better than when she used to sleep on my feet before!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

happyteacher
on 7/30/15 3:20 pm

After I return from my Montreal trip, I am switching to Spanish. Used to know a decent amount and managed to forget more then I remember. Had to start with French so I could experience what it is like starting with no knowledge to get a feel for what it would be like for me students. Totally and utterly in love with the app, website, and appreciate they have a teacher dashboard with appropriate features for use in the classroom and for friggin' free! My kiddos are going to love it!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/30/15 3:29 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

The only tricky bit about Spanish is that it's kind of hard to type the accented vowels on a tablet... seems like there are more in Spanish than in French. I ended up cheating and switching my tablet autocomplete settings to Spanish!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

happyteacher
on 7/30/15 7:05 pm

Lol, the french is killing me with all of the accents and other thingys that I don't even know the name of! I went though a big chunk of the lessons before I even noticed the opening page (once scrolling down) explains stuff. My cell app does not give options for accents, so I switched to using the website and my laptop... the website offers the accent buttons needed. Not that I have a very clear idea at the moment of exactly when to use which type ;)  Clever chica switching your keyboard!

wyo_sarah
on 7/30/15 3:39 pm

What a great thread!  Thank you for posting it!

- Summer is awesome and I love gardening!

- I'm at my goal weight and I feel fantastic!

- Looks like the odd are good that I'll have a job for the upcoming school year

- My children play together very nicely for the most part and since we live out of town and there are no neighborhood children for them to play with, I'm grateful they like each other.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/30/15 4:46 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I LOVE Fiestaware.  All my dishes, bowls, plates, napkins, etc. are Fiesta  

- I am grateful that I have a man who loves me, no matter what size I have been, or how crazy I act (which is more often than I care to admit)

- The fact that I can walk, and walk, and walk even further astounds me to this day.  

- I'm joyful that I am a cancer survivor, eight years from my original diagnosis

- I'm happy to have a home, a career and good friends 

- Learning Qi Gong has been challenging, but in a good way.  It brings the concept of mindfulness into actualization for me.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

happyteacher
on 7/30/15 7:07 pm

I love Fiesta dishes also. I have a couple of complete sets and now want to switch to the square settings, but just can't justify having a ridiculous amount of the stuff. Qi Gong- never heard of it, and off to Google it now!

Most Active