Update of sorts...

ChubbyHubby82
on 7/26/15 10:47 am
VSG on 07/06/15

Well, I'm down 30 from pre-op diet and an additional 24 post op. I will be 3 weeks out tomorrow. Yesterday, I was feeling very BLUE. Granny cheered me up a bit but it was weird...didn't nap or sleep I just stayed in my room with no will or drive to do anything...today is different though...I know I'm not crazy but trying to get used to the new me and the baggage that comes with it. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/26/15 1:26 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

The mental stuff can be a real b*tch to work thru & is a part of the journey. Therapy/support group can help. Too many blue days can become a problem, but having one every now & then is totally normal.

You might want to use the search bar & look up hormone dumping, that stuff gets released along with the fat. I think it gets flooded into our bloodstream & affects our moods sometimes.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Dan1962
on 7/26/15 3:38 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

When I first had surgery, I had difficulty making and sticking to a schedule.  It was very emotional, I wanted to be on the fly and stop and grab food on my way to the office.  I didn't do it but came to the realization that this is my new life and I couldn't do that any longer.  I used to do it every work day.  I cannot tell you how difficult and emotional that was for me.  The second thing I struggled with was I used to eat and drink after a big sale....I cannot do that any longer.  I still struggle with that.  Food was used to deal with emotions.  Once I came to grip with that, its been much easier.  Recognizing it is half the battle.  I still feel an emptiness sometimes but I fight through it.  I have walked, I have taken up fishing, and I now take high performance driving schools.  I try to do things now I couldn't before so it serves as a reminder that life is better now.  I know that 95% of the time.  Good luck!

E_Saenz
on 7/26/15 4:01 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Hi chubbyhubby,

I was wondering how you have been I'm glad to see that your doing great on the weight loss I'm sure right now it's hard breaking up with food is hard but a true must.  I'm still pro op and i had my partner ask me why can't I do the diet I have to do now I told him that is impossible I couldn't do it without the sleeve and he asked how do i think I'll be able to with the sleeve I told him I wont have a choice then.  He appreciated my honesty but he will never be obese he will never know what it's like to be over weight.  I'm hoping that your emotional aspect passes fast and you feel better fast remember that you are going to be a lot better soon.  

Elia Maria Saenz

Most Active