Surgery tomorrow !!!

chubbs54
on 7/26/15 5:00 pm

Today I am on my liquid diet I can't beleive I am having my surgery tomorrow at 10:30 as I said before it came very fast and I'm not complaining I'm just a little nervous and excited not sure if I'm prepaired for this. It is alot to get used to and prepair for I kept checking if I have everything since I need to be home bond for two wks. I have a husband that requires most of my time so it is going to tough. Wish me luck. 

Dan1962
on 7/26/15 5:29 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Good luck.  You will need to be a little selfish going forward.  

Kappy5150
on 7/26/15 5:59 pm

Good luck. I think the best thing to remember is everyone heals differently and don't compare your healing process to anyone else's. I've seen posts on here about how people felt great after 2 weeks. For me it was a slow recovery and would feel bad thinking at a month I still was having tough time. But 6 months later and losing 72lbs since surgery and 82 lbs since highest I still think it was worth it. 

Trust your body and take it easy. You are going to need to recover from a major surgery but learning an entirely new way to eat. 

beelitehobbies
on 7/26/15 11:27 am, edited 7/26/15 11:27 am - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

Good Luck tomorrow

I too was a nervous just the night before and the moments up into the operation. Life starts changing for the good at that point however. I love my sleeve!

Lots people here to support you.

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

E_Saenz
on 7/26/15 6:30 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Congratulations I'll be watching for you to keep us informed after surgery I hope all goes well.  I'm scheduled for August 12th I'm nervous and such too he knows your having surgery hopefully he will help pick up some of the slack while you recover.  Good luck tomorrow 

Elia Maria Saenz

Aperk
on 7/26/15 8:22 pm

Good luck :)

yvonnaj
on 7/26/15 9:36 pm
VSG on 08/03/15

Good luck to you. You will do fine and listen to your body. My surgery date is August 3 im getting so excited we will make it thru this.

Reicken
on 7/26/15 11:11 pm - Victoria , Canada

I'm heading in tomorrow as well, but for 7:50am surgery slot. Lots of good info around here, but would be nice to keep up with that has the same 'surgiversary' as I do. If you are agreeable to that, let me know!

...and no luck needed, you'll do great! 

Onwards to the losers bench tomorrow!

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

chubbs54
on 7/29/15 11:26 am

I would love to keep in contact and follow your acomplishments as I am typing this you and I have already been sleeved. I am home now and hope that you are too. I'll tell you when they wheeled me into the surgery room and I looked around and looked up at the big lights and the surgical table with all the surgerical tools I almost said I changed my mind, LOL. As I am typing this I am still drinking my tea for the 1 1/2 hrs and had my 2 oz of jello and happily keeping everything down. 

Good luck in your progress,

Diane

Reicken
on 7/29/15 2:20 pm - Victoria , Canada

I've been home just a little less than 24 hours now and its great to be home! Nausea was my big thing as well as the pain of trying to get things into the new stomach, but hopefully the pain will pass and then I can get more into me. I think I'm going to stick with protein shakes for the time being, and maybe some jello and yogurt for variety.

Are you or did you battle Nausea at all? if so, there are chewable tablets that are ginger flavoured made by Gravol that did the trick for me.

Good luck to you as well! Take care of yourself!

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

Most Active