Why does insurance require physician supervised diet ?

yesican2
on 6/30/15 9:15 am

Ys, that is in the works.  As the psychologist is the one who does evals for the surgery group, I imagine he will be very well-versed in eating disorders.

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/15 10:52 am

Therapy is a good thing. There are so many things we have to work through. Coming here for help is a great place. What Julie said about trying to change things now does make it easier. Julie is a very good person to look to for advice. She is always helpful.

I am very sorry you had the issues with your mother.  I suffer from anxiety and I still do. Working with a therapist and the right meds has helped me a lot. 

Carbs are a hard habit to break. It is doable. Clean out your cabinets and throw things away.You are not a human trash can  There other options. I try to look into a food that is better quality than quantity. One of the vets told me that.

Best wishes to you. Just remember you can do this. You deserve to be happy and healthy.  

yesican2
on 6/30/15 11:25 am

Thank you so much.  I have never heard that before --"you are not a human trashcan".  That's powerful!  I think I may put that quote on my fridge!

Thankfully I haven't been in contact with my mom since 2003.  I'm sad that I don't have a mom, especially now that I have a 2 year old little boy, but I am definitely healthier for it.

ABair
on 6/30/15 12:51 pm
VSG on 01/14/15

I used the pre surgery time to change my habits so that when surgery actually arrived I wasn't struggling in case I had any issues.

I stopped sugar and most carbs.  It was difficult for the first two weeks then the carb craving went away.  I was determined that by the time surgery arrived I was going to be ready for the new healthy eating. 

You can do this!  I had to fix my head, first. 

Good luck

Lisa 

Most Active