Alcohol??

seattledeb
on 6/22/15 5:11 pm

I hear banjos!

ladygodiva1228
on 6/23/15 5:11 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I hope you weren't the one squealing like a pig. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

seattledeb
on 6/22/15 5:13 pm

Love your liver. It's working overtime processing massive weight loss. You only have one liver and things don't work so well if it doesn't. 

ladygodiva1228
on 6/23/15 5:14 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Forget the drinking and start planning how to mess with your friends while they are drunk. 

Like screaming bigfoot and shaking their tents at 3 in the morning.  Watching a bunch of half out of it people trying to get out of a tent is like watching a cat in a paper bag. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

sistah3
on 6/26/15 1:21 pm

I was waiting until I hit the one year mark after surgery to even attempt a drink. However, I did have one a few weeks ago. Didn't hurt me. Didn't make me gain/not lose weight. But it did fill an emotional void that food used to and that my friend is a slippery slope. I won't trade food addiction for alcohol addiction. The calories are empty and all that blah blah blah but the use of it as a crutch is much to tempting. Clearly I have an addictive personality so I will be steering clear. Just my opinion.

lil1inside
on 6/26/15 7:39 pm
VSG on 07/10/13

I may be repeating others here--didn't read all the posts but I started at 8 months out.  There are various reasons I think that people say you shouldn't drin****il after the 1st year.  I think the big thing is the calories, and alcohol can be addicting of course (just like food) and you start to look forward to it more and more, I think it really slowed down my weight loss.  I'm rethinking the whole thing now and am considering doing away with it now.  Good luck to you!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

tstoked12
on 6/28/15 7:59 pm

I think everyone is being a little judgey.  Sorry my friend!  However, their underlying message isn't wrong.  I don't think there is anything wrong with having a drink or two, my surgeon told after six months drinking in extreme moderation was just fine.  However, you're only 3 months out and dehydration is a major concern.  I am four weeks post op and just went on a winery tour with my cousins that has been set up for months.  It was hard watching them drink wine, but I still had a great time.  I sipped on water while they drank wine and sangria.  Of course I wanted some.  I LOVE MY WINE!  Despite what some of these people say, it's okay you are craving it.  Just be smart!  Good luck friend.  

Most Active