New member! Surgery date July 6th - please help! Re: crazy pre op liquid diet!

Kathy S.
on 6/15/15 10:06 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

LifesaPeach
on 6/15/15 1:36 pm - Canada

Thank you so much! 

NikkiL2015
on 6/15/15 12:14 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Hi Ashley! I am also scheduled for VSG on July 6, 2015! I'm not on my liver shrinking diet yet, I start on June 22nd.  The first week I was told by my doctor to replace two meals a day with the protein shakes, and eat one small meal a day.  During that week I am to aim for 1200 calories and then the week prior to surgery I am on all liquids and I am to be aiming for 800 calories a day.  I am currently at 428 pounds.... I have tried every "diet" known to man (feels like it anyway).  I will definitely be praying and thinking of you the day of our surgery!  I'm super excited, but starting to get a little scared as well.  Tomorrow I go in for an ultrasound on my gull bladder to see if they are going to take that out at the same time as the sleeve surgery.  Then next week I travel to my surgery site (about an hour away from my home) to have pre-surgery labs done, an EKG, and pre-admittance to the hospital completed so that the day of I will just be showing up and getting to business! I'm so excited to hear updates from your surgery!

Nikki L

LifesaPeach
on 6/15/15 1:36 pm - Canada

Hi! Wow same surgery date! Congrats! We can do this! Send me a message. I'd love to keep in touch with you. 

LadyLeo32
on 6/15/15 5:18 pm

Hi there!  First time posting on here and just created profile because I too have my surgery scheduled finally...and it's July 6th!  Guess we'll all have to track and support eachother!  Best of luck!

Mary Gee
on 6/16/15 2:23 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

WOW - looks like July 6th is a busy day!!  Good luck to all three of you ladies.  Right now it gets a bit scary, wondering "What am I doing???!!!!" -- but stay positive.  NSVs will start happening and you'll be thrilled with all of them.  Be prepared for some post-op pain (really not too bad); getting tired of liquid and "dying for something to eat"; a possible post-op gain; the infamous three week stall; etc.  Keep the big picture in sight:  You will be successful as long as you follow the plan.  Don't expect 10 pound losses every week!!  It will come!!!  You go, ladies!!!

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active